Jesse's POV (9)

I took a cold shower last night, and I couldn't help but think about what Jordan was doing at that moment. She didn't pull away when I kissed her, but she didn't exactly kiss me back. Either way, I got to kiss her and that's all that mattered. Even though it was because of a prank.

Any time I saw Jordan during the day, I walked over to her, but never had the chance to say anything because she always left. I hated it when she avoided me, and she seemed to be doing it a lot now.

I could understand that she was embarrassed Dallas caught her with her hand down my pants yesterday, but why did that involve ignoring me as well?

In gym, she ignored me completely, and I couldn't have been happier when we were seated together in chemistry. Mrs. Winchester seated us alphabetically, making our partners whoever we sat next to.

Jordan was not happy when she saw we'd be partners, but I smiled so broadly, my cheeks hurt. This was the time I'd speak to her about last night.

"Come on, Emery. Are you not going to talk to me because of what happened last night?" I leaned closer to her, so no one else would hear. Class on the first day was never important. It was usually just rules of the class, so I didn't pay attention much. Jordan leaned away from me, making me lean closer. "Come on, Emery. I'm sure Dally isn't even bothered by what he saw last night."

I placed a hand on her knee, causing her to jump.

"Jordan, are you alright?" Mrs. Winchester stopped explaining the rules to turn to us.

"I'm fine," Jordan assured her after taking a deep breath. I didn't remove my hand from her knee. I waited until the teacher stopped giving her nervous looks before I continued. My hand started running over her leg, all the way up until her shorts cut off. Ryan started laughing behind us, and I smirked.

"St-Stop it," she stuttered through clenched teeth.

"Stop what?" I asked, innocently. My hand continued to move higher.

"Stop touching me."

"No can do, Emery. This is payback for last night. I had to make the shower as cold as it could get, which still wasn't enough. Do you know how long I had to be in the shower for? A long time, Emery... A long time," I rubbed her leg harder as she looked at me with disgust. What did she expect? "I would've liked it a lot more if you joined me, but..."

Jordan slapped my hand away, causing me to raise my eyebrows. She was fighting back now.

"Stop touching me, pervert," Jordan snapped, turning away from me. I decided to give her space for the rest of the class. After all, I'd still be seeing her in dirt biking. I was looking forward to it. If she was as bad as she said she was, maybe she'd fall and I'd be here to catch her.

"Welcome new students!" Our dirt biking teacher, Mr. Craven, spoke to the five of us. "Introduce yourselves, please!"

"I'm AJ Crow," a friend of Jordan's spoke.

"Jesse Jacobsen," I said simply, shrugging.

"Molly Anthony," another girl from Jordan's cabin giggled. I turned to face her to see she was staring directly at me.

"I'm Aimee Dennett," Jordan rolled her eyes when she heard the redhead introduce herself. I was looking forward to hearing Jordan speak, but she froze before she had the chance. Her face turned white and I looked the same way she had.

Dallas stood at the front of the room, eyes locked with Jordan's.

"Dallas, so good for you to join us," Mr. Craven pat him on the back.