Jesse's POV (Epilogue)

(I know that this is kind of late. I wasn't going to write an epilogue, but...)

Four Years Later...

It was seven in the evening when I walked into our apartment. My classes lasted a lot longer than I wanted them to. Jordan had been throwing up all day, and I wasn't there to help her. Luckily, Lexi was. She was a little more mature than her annoying little boyfriend.

I did all I could to try and help under the circumstances. I called in and set up a doctor's appointment for Jordan for tomorrow. Not to mention I also tried calling her while I had a short break, but she was too sick to even answer. I had to tell Lexi to pass on the message.

I hated being away from her for too long, especially when she was sick.

The second I shut the front door behind me, I was expecting to see Jordan. I wanted to hold her and make her soup and just make her feel better. Whenever one of us became sick, we continued to make jokes about soup. I wasn't sure anyone else understood what we meant when we laughed about it, but I liked it that way. It was fun having a little inside joke that no one else knew about.

"Jordan?" I called out when I noticed she wasn't in sight. "Where are you?"

"Out here," she replied softly, and I followed her voice until I was in the next room. Jordan was sitting on the couch, looking a little pale. I didn't think much of it, because she was sick all day. But she also had a nervous expression on her face, and I tried thinking of reasons she might be worried.

"Hey, baby," I greeted her with a smile. I sat down right next to her and scooped her up in her arms. I saw her smile a little, and I was glad I was making her feel just a little bit better. "Are you feeling better now?"

"Yeah," Jordan nodded her head and wrapped her arms around my waist. She buried her head into my chest and said, "I'm feeling just fine now..."

"That's good," I let out a sigh, holding her tighter. "I was afraid that you'd still be really sick. I feel horrible for not being here today to take care of you. I would have taken the whole day off with you if I could have..."

"I know you would," Jordan nodded once more. She pushed against my chest slightly, just so she could look at me. "Have you eaten yet?"

"Yeah, I grabbed something quick after my last class," I copied her by nodding as well. "I figured you've already had soup or something, so I didn't bring anything back that would upset your stomach."

"Well, Lexi made hot dogs a little while before she left, but I didn't have any because the sight of them made me want to puke... But if you want any, they're in the fridge."

She told me this with a small smile, but I could tell that while she was talking, something else was clouding her mind. I just had to find a way to get her to tell me about it.

"Okay, I'll probably have some later," I returned the smile, readjusting our position so Jordan was now lying on top of me. "Speaking of Lexi, why isn't she here? She and Alex usually stay here until midnight. It's barely seven o'clock."

"They just felt like going back to Alex's apartment early, that's all," Jordan spoke a little faster than she normally would. She let out a low chuckle after she said that, then began shaking slightly.

"Are you okay, Jordan?" I asked her, pulling back an inch so I could look at her. "You're shaking. Are you sure that you're feeling better?"

"I'm sure," she nodded, trying her best to assure me, but I could tell something was eating away at her. She forced a smile on her face.