Jesse's POV (14)

"So what were you and Jordan doing last night?" Alex asked, making me roll my eyes. "You didn't come inside until early this morning, and I could hear you talking about her in your sleep."

"I was not," I threw a pillow toward him, which he caught in a swift motion. He threw it back, and I ducked before it could hit me. We were the only ones in the cabin, and this is all we've been doing the past hour.

"So it was something secretive, I'm guessing." Alex said, standing from his bed. "Well, as secretive as it could get on a dock. I didn't know she was the type to do it in public."

I chucked the pillow at him again, hitting him in the stomach. "Jeez, Jess, I was just kidding. I don't care where you and Jordan do it."

"We aren't doing it anywhere," I said. "Especially on the dock. It seems that whenever we're there, we're always caught by someone."

"The sexual frustration you have is radiating off of you."

"Shut up," I groaned. "You're so annoying."

"But you love me anyways," he winked and I rolled my eyes again. Someone knocked at the door, interrupting mine and Alex's conversation. I walked over to the door, opening it to reveal Chelsea and Lexi, looking way too excited.

"Alex, look who's here," I said, moving out of the way so he could see Lexi. She flushed, making Alex smile.

"We aren't here because of Alex," Chelsea shot a look to Lexi. "We're here because we need you to take care of Jordan."

"What? Why?" I asked, becoming worried quickly. Did it have to do with her foot? Was it serious? "She's not hurt, is she?"

"No," Chelsea raised an eyebrow. "She's sick and needs someone to take care of her, will you?"

"Alone in a cabin with Jordan while she's weak and helpless?" I could hear the amusement in Alex's tone. "Now's your chance, Jess."

I elbowed him in the side, but it didn't affect him like I wanted it to. He was practically invincible. "Sure," I replied.

As I made my way over to Cabin C, Chelsea decided to follow for whatever reason. "Oh, Emery!" I called, making my way inside. Jordan opened one eye to glare at me, making me smirk.

"What do you want, Jacobsen?" Jordan muttered, her voice sounded hoarse.

"Your friends told me to come over and take care of you..."

"What?" She sat up quickly, making herself dizzy. I placed a hand on her shoulder, trying to push her back down to the bed.

"You told us not to tell Dallas to come over, but you never said not to tell Jesse!" Chelsea said from the door, walking out. I held Jordan down to the bed, making sure she'd stay.

"So you don't want to see your boyfriend?" I smirked, pulling her blankets higher on her body.

"It's not that," Jordan mumbled, pulling her blanket higher so it was now covering her mouth. "I just didn't want him seeing me all gross and ugly from being sick."

I rolled my eyes and turned away from her. "You're not ugly, Emery," I said before heading toward the door.

"Wait, where are you going?" Jordan asked with a cough. Her voice was strained, but she still managed to sound desperate. "Did you just come here to taunt me while I'm vulnerable and then leave me?"

"I'm going to go get something for you to eat," I rolled my eyes again. "Now shut it and rest."

I decided on making her something myself. Soup didn't seem to hard. After all, all you had to do was heat it up.

It ended up taking a lot longer than I originally thought, when I ended up at Jordan's cabin an hour later. Pulling up a chair, I sat down next to her and handed her the bowl. Instead of trying it, she ended up playing with the spoon.

"Why aren't you eating?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What did you put in it?"

Her eyes searched mine for an answer. I stared, as confused as ever. "What do you mean?"

"I know you put something in it," she breathed through her mouth, considering her nose was probably blocked up. "There's no way you would have gotten me soup without putting something gross in it. Come on, I caught you. What's in it?"

Rolling my eyes, I picked up the spoon that was sitting in the bowl, and started drinking the soup the spoon carried.

"There's nothing in it," I said. "Now eat it."

Jordan blinked, looking uncertain. "Who made it?"

"I did," I shrugged. Her eyes went wide as she stared at the bowl in front of her.

"You did?"

"I'm not a terrible cook, you know."

"I'll believe it when I see it."

"More like taste it," I replied, motioning towards the bowl. "Now shut up and eat it, Emery." She rolled her eyes, but stuck the spoon in her mouth nonetheless. After Jordan swallowed it, her cheeks turned red and she glanced down to the soup.

"Why are you blushing?" I teased, leaning closer to her face. "Falling for my good charms?"

With the spoon still hanging out of her mouth, Jordan shook her head quickly.

"Oh," I smirked, realizing what she meant now. She was getting flushed because we shared the same spoon. "That was an indirect kiss, wasn't it?"

"No, you idiot. I don't believe in that type of stupid thing," she lied, dipping the spoon back in the bowl. She lifted it back up to her mouth, taking a sip and froze. Before I could ask what was wrong, Jordan's eyes dropped to the bowl.

"How did you get my grandma's secret recipe?" Jordan asked, not removing her eyes from the bowl. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "It's just soup from a regular old can."

"No it isn't," Jordan argued, tasting some more. "This is exactly like the soup my grandma always makes me when I'm sick. I've never tasted anything else like it before. She has a secret recipe or something. And this tastes and looks exactly like it."

"I don't know, Emery," I shrugged, leaning back in my chair. "It came from a can. I didn't do anything special to it."

"Then how...? It doesn't make any sense... This is exactly like her soup. It's just like it!"

I opened my mouth to say something, but was cut off when my phone began ringing. Sighing, I pulled it out of my pocket and said, "I'll be right back; it's Marnie."

"Why did you have to call me now?" I groaned into the phone after I answered the call. I was outside of the cabin now, giving myself some privacy to talk to my cousin.

Marnie simply laughed and asked, "you're with Jordan, aren't you?"

"Is this important?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. "I'm kind of busy."

"Someone's eager," she muttered, a hint of amusement in her voice. "I was just calling to see how you and Jordan are."

"We're fine," I could feel a smile working its way on to my face. "Everything is fine."

(Hunter's in the next chapter hey)