Jesse's POV (13)

I left the cabin, deciding to take a short walk to the dock to clear my head. It was after curfew, but I'm sure no one would notice. As I walked over to the water, I saw a figure on the dock. Whoever it was had their feet hanging off the side of the dock.

As I grew closer, I could see the dark hair which covered some of her face. Jordan was sitting on the dock, her feet hanging over the edge.

"You having fun looking like a loner, Emery?" I said, grabbing her attention. I haven't spoken to her since we kissed, and now seemed like a great time.

"Well, I was having fun until you showed up," she grumbled, leaning against her back against the dock, her legs still dangling off the side. "I was actually relaxing for once.

I stretched, and opened my mouth to say something, but I had a sudden pain in my hand, making me shut my mouth and focus on my hand. I guess the painkillers wore off. Jordan's eyes widened when she saw my hand, but she seemed to be aware of it after a second.

"What's wrong, Jacobsen?" Jordan asked, amusement in her voice. Ignoring her question, I looked next to her to see a first aid kit sitting near the edge of the dock.

"What do you have that for?" I raised my eyebrows, eyeing it carefully.

"Oh, I cut my foot, that's all," she shrugged, pulling her foot over the deck so I could see it. It was wrapped tightly in gauze. "The secretary filling in for Andi sure is a grouch. She told me not to get any blood on the carpet. Like I can even help it! I wouldn't have been bleeding if it was up to me..."

"You were bleeding?" I asked, feeling concerned about her foot now. "How bad?"

It was weird, the way we were talking. The way we spoke was like we were friends, but we weren't. And it was unlikely we ever would be.

"Not too bad," Jordan shrugged, not caring much. "It was a pretty big cut and all, but not very deep. I'm sure I'll be fine by tomorrow."

I moved my fingers slightly, and groaned out of pain. I knew I would regret it later, my fingers were killing me.

"That looks like a pretty bad wound," Jordan pointed out with a tone in her voice I couldn't recognize. "How'd you get it?"

Should I have told her the truth? That I punched the cabin? "I was roughhousing with Alex, and I rammed it into a wall," I lied, shrugging. "I took some painkillers a little while ago... Actually, I took a lot... And they still didn't help at all..."

Jordan blinked, believing my lie. I didn't take too many, but the look on her face was hilarious.

"You idiot, if you take too many aspirins, you could die," she said flatly. It wasn't like she'd care if I died.

"I didn't mean to," I smiled broadly, continuing the prank. "Alex gave me too many by accident. I didn't know that it was too many until I started feeling weird."

"What an idiot," Jordan rolled her eyes.

"It sucks. I've never gotten high before since I don't do drugs. Well, it's what I get for wrestling Alex. A busted up hand, and then a drugged up night..."

Jordan sighed and shook her head. "I know you punched the wall, Jesse," she said quietly, and my eyes widened. Did she hear me talking to Marnie as well? "It pretty much shook the cabin... I didn't know you were that strong."

There's a lot you don't know about me, I wanted to say, but I kept my mouth shut. Jordan's eyes met mine when she looked up, and I put on a smirk.

"Why, you just called me by my first name, Emery," I teased, getting closer to her. "Don't tell me you're just falling for me now."

I was close enough for her to elbow me in the side, which is what she did. Unfortunately for her, it didn't hurt at all. "Just shut it, you idiot," she said, grabbing the first aid kit. "I have disinfectant and bandages here, so I'll help you with your wound. No matter what you say, I know it hurts. It was such a stupid thing to do, punching that wall. What were you even thinking? Ugh, don't even answer that, just give me your hand. You're right handed, so you'd just mess up if you'd try to do it yourself. Come on and hurry up, give me your hand!"