Jesse's POV (21)

"Are you alright, staying here alone?" Alex asked me as he was getting ready to leave the cabin. I waved him off, feeling completely terrible. I was right when I felt myself coming down with something. It was unusual, because I was almost never sick. It just appeared.

"I'm just going to sleep it off," I mumbled into my pillow. Alex shuffled around for a bit, mumbling something, but leaving the cabin soon after. My head was feeling heavy. Hopefully I'd just get a few hours of peaceful, quiet sleeping.

I didn't dream much, but I woke up a few times during the day. For the most time, I was in bed.

I was in the middle of sleeping when I heard the cabin door open, my first thought was that it was a dream. But when I heard muffled voices in the background, I knew someone was in here. I couldn't even finish my hypothesis about who was in my room, because someone was pulling on my shoulder.

I started thinking of the worst scenario possible. That Hunter had probably sent someone here to kill me while I was sleeping and defenseless. But, when I thought about him getting anywhere near Jordan-

I let out a shout, sitting up in my bed quickly. My breathing was jagged as I looked around the room. Aimee smiled when she saw me, a piece of paper playing in her hands. Then my eyes landed on Jordan, who was looking confused and concerned. I chuckled, seeing as she was okay. My head fell back to my pillow.

"Are you alright?" Jordan asked me, rubbing her arms. "What happened?"

"Nothing, just a nightmare," I let out a breath, rubbing a hand over my eyes. "Nothing important..."

Jordan looked like she didn't believe me, but she didn't say anything. Her eyes scanned me, and I remembered how sick I was. I didn't want her to catch this cold as well.

"Well, Jesse," Aimee giggled and put a paper into my hand. "This is an invitation to my party on Saturday! You can bring anyone you want!"

"Anyone, huh?" My eyes read over the every word printed on the paper. Jordan rolled her eyes, looking more than unamused about the entire thing.

"Yep! Anyone you want!"

I turned my head toward Jordan. "Are you going, Emery?"

Jordan crossed her arms over her chest and shrugged. "Nope. I guess I'm just not popular enough for these types of parties."

"You got that right," Aimee sneered, sticking out her tongue. Jordan just rolled her eyes at this gesture.

"But that doesn't mean I'd go even if you did invite me."

"I can bring anyone, right?" I cut off their conversation, causing both girls to look at me in surprise. "Anyone I want?"

Aimee giggled again, playing with her hair. "Yep!"

My head titled up slightly, so I could look Jordan straight in the eyes. "Want to go with me, Emery?"

Jordan stood in silence with her eyes wide.

"What? Jesse!" Aimee whined, stomping against the wooden floor. "Why her?"

My hand grabbed onto Jordan's wrist as I pulled her to my side. I put my arm over her shoulders. I tried to hide the sickening sound in my voice as I said, "She's my girlfriend, remember? I'd want my girlfriend to go to a party I go to. And you even said I could bring anyone I wanted."

Aimee's eyes furrowed, but Jordan had a smug smile on her face. "Fine!" She snapped and walked over to the door. "But don't expect me to be nice to the bitch! Because I definitely won't!"

She slammed the door, and I took my arm away from Jordan, wanting to get as far away from her as possible. I hoped she wouldn't catch this cold. I couldn't help but look at the hurt expression she had on her face as I moved away from her.