Jesse's POV (28)

I was eager to see Jordan today, because she said that she was going to tell Dallas how she really felt. It was making me a little anxious, because Jordan gives into guilt easily. He could give her a sad look and she'd probably tell him she loved him. Again.

I could hear someone walking on the porch outside of the cabin, but I didn't pay much attention to who it was. After I heard a soft mumbling of voices, I tried listening in, but it was useless. It was only a few moments later when someone knocked on the door, allowing me to open it right away.

Jordan stood there, a hand covering her face, as Alex grinned widely behind her. She removed her hand from her face, dropping it down to her side. Her smile grew when she saw me, making me smile as well.

"You look... upset," I pointed out, stepping out of the way of the door to let Jordan enter.

"Not upset. Just... unamused," she answered, walking right by me. Alex trailed in after her, and I could tell there was something he wanted to blurt out.

"Did you break it off with Dallas?" I asked, shutting the door and turning toward her. I didn't want to sound like I had been worrying about it all day, even though I had. "You did tell me that you were going to go do that... did you?"

"Yeah," she answered, shrugging. I let out a breath, concerned about why she was looked upset.

"Then why do you look upset?" I voiced my thoughts, feeling worried. Was she upset about breaking it off with Dallas? Did she still have feelings for him? Or did something else happen that I wasn't notified of?

"Unamused," she corrected me, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Why do you look unamused?" I repeated, making sure to use the correct word this time.

"Because everyone knows she's in love!" Alex sang, making my eyes widen.

"What?" I blinked, looking between both Jordan and Alex. "How did they find out?"

"Because she danced with him last night," Alex said before Jordan could explain herself. Confused, I continued looking between the two of them. When I saw the flat look Jordan was giving him, I guessed Alex was just teasing.

"What?" I asked, blinking once again.

"Yep, everyone knows about her secret burning passion for Hunter," Alex continued talking, placing a hand over his heart. "Quite sickening, if you ask me."

Jordan spun around, slapping his arm as hard as she could. It had no effect on him, but that didn't stop her from shouting. "Burning? Out of every single word in the English language, you pick burning?

Alex laughed loudly, scratching the back of his head. Passion for Hunter? Did I hear that correctly? I waited for an explanation, that I probably wouldn't be getting for awhile.

"I thought it fit pretty well. You know, burning and Blazing Brothers? Get it?"

"I get it," Jordan replied flatly.

"Hello?" I interrupted, in case they had forgotten that I was still there. "Want to go back to why you're unamused? What's with this burning passion that he's talking about?"

"Dallas and my friends think I like Hunter," Jordan replied, turning toward me with her hands on her hips. "They think I like him just because I danced with him last night. Isn't that ridiculous? It's Hunter! They might not know what he's like, but it should have been obvious just by the way we were looking at each other! They couldn't see how much I hate Hunter!"

"There's a thin line between love and hate," Alex sung after Jordan had finished explaining.

"We know," both Jordan and I replied flatly in unison.