Jesse's POV (38)

I couldn't remember how long it I had been driving when I pulled up right next to a lake. My hands rested on the edges of the steering wheel while I stared out of the window. It was still early in the morning, but it was so dark, I could barely see the trees in the distance.

Opening the door, I stepped out and shut it behind me. I walked to the back of the car and placed both hands on the end. It didn't take long for me to push the car into the lake. I watched the car as it turned to the side and started to sink.

I left ID in the car, so when someone looks for the owner, they would find out that it was me, and it would be put on the news. That way, Hunter would see it. Since I wasn't actually dead, they wouldn't be able to find a body.

There was a motel less than two miles away, which is where I planned to stay for the next few nights. After that, I wasn't sure what I had planned.

All I knew was that the entire situation was still shocking and depressing. I couldn't even imagine what Alex would be feeling. I told him everything. He knew about how much I loved Jordan before she did. He knew about the gang and accepted me for it, and I just hope when the time comes for him to tell Lexi, she'll accept him.

Alex thought I was dead, but it was for the best. If I had told him, there was no way he would let me leave. If Jordan told him, he'd probably come looking after me. It wouldn't be hard to find me, since I was still pretty close.

I never wanted to leave Jordan, ever. I still remembered her exact facial expression the day we met. If only we met a few months earlier, when I hadn't joined the gang. Everything would be different. She wouldn't have been in danger. She would've never been hurt. People would still be alive, even if I wasn't.

As long as Jordan was alright. I had to keep telling myself that Jordan was okay. That she was living her life, even though I wasn't involved in it.

"I love you," I said to myself, as if Jordan was here with me. No matter where I was, we'd still be connected in one way or another. Every night, we're both looking at the same moon. In the morning, we'll both be seeing the same sun. All though we were so close, I couldn't have felt more distant.

I wasn't sure what time I'd arrive at the motel. I had nothing with me besides the clothes on my back. It was a hot night out, which was nice, since I gave Jordan my jacket. All I knew was that I would be walking for at least a half hour.

So I began walking.

(Welp.)