Jesse's POV (34)

I stood outside of Jordan's hospital room, too nervous to actually open the door. Jordan was getting frustrated over my actions, but I was just being cautious.

"You can come into my room, you know," she told me, as if I didn't know.

"I'm not really sure about that. Are you sure you're not going to sexually assault me again?"

"No promises."

I rolled my eyes, my hand gripping the doorknob. I was mostly just staying outside for fun, because I knew she couldn't reach me. But I didn't want her to try anything on me like she did yesterday. As much as I hate admitting it, Alex was right. She was still in a hospital room, anyone could walk in.

My hand twisted the handle, opening the door. I walked inside with Jordan staring at me, before shutting the door behind me. With her eyes still on me, I sat down on a chair next to her, eyeing her carefully. You could never be too sure.

"I'm not going to attack you or anything," she crossed her arms over her chest as she pouted. "And I wouldn't even call it sexual assault."

I smirked. "I would."

"I only kissed you," Jordan tried defending herself, making me roll my eyes. That was not a kiss. "I'm your girlfriend, aren't I? Can't I kiss you?"

"Your hand went down my pants," I reminded her, sitting up straighter in the chair. "You tried to grab me there. I wouldn't call that just a kiss."

Jordan was glaring at me now, and I wasn't sure how to react. Alex's words were getting to her head, and I had to make a mental note to yell at him about it later.

"Maybe I want more than kissing," she told me. "Maybe I want to go farther."

I stared at her in astonishment, chills running up my spine. I wasn't sure what I was expecting her to say, but that was not it. Jordan has always been one of those girls who became shy when it came to anything like that. I've known her for four years, and not once have I seen her completely serious on this topic. Not even with Dallas.

Ugh, Dallas.

I shook my head, saying, "No, Jordan," and pushing the chair I was sitting on away from her a little.

"Why not?" Jordan looked hurt as I said that. She threw her arms in the air as she continued talking.

"Why don't you want to do it with me? Am I not pretty enough? Do you not think I'm going to be as good as other girls you've been with before? Honestly, Jesse, I didn't think you were that shallow!"

"I'm not shallow," I let out a sigh, crossing my arms over my chest. The reason we haven't done anything yet had nothing to do with her. I didn't even bother correcting her when she mentioned the other girls I've slept with, because I haven't slept with anyone else. "And none of those are the reason why I'm saying no. I'm saying no because you're not ready."

"And how am I not ready?" Jordan demanded, her voice cracking. "I think I'm ready! Isn't that enough?"

I frowned as she continued to glare at me. She wasn't ready. "No, it isn't. Because I know you aren't ready."

"I am," Jordan insisted, swinging her legs over the side of her bed. She hasn't done that since she was put into the hospital, and I was worried about what she'd do next. My eyes widened when I saw all the bruises on her legs as she began pushing herself up.

"Jordan-" I started, placing my hands in front of me. Ignoring me, Jordan simply tilted her head up as she forced herself off the bed and on her feet. Her legs held her up for about three seconds before she wobbled and let out a shout as she fell into my lap.