Jesse's POV (22)

After I spoke to the guy who had the hour at the dunk tank before Lexi, he refused to continue on after his hour was up, making me have to sit on the board above the freezing water. No one was able to hit the target, but if Jordan didn't come soon...

I didn't get a chance to finish my threat because Jordan walked up to the dunk tank with a towel wrapped around her body. I smiled when I saw her, carefully getting off the board so she could go on. It was unlikely she'd get dunked, so I wasn't too worried about her getting hypothermia.

I waved for her to come toward me, which she agreed happily.

"Have fun, Emery," I cocked my head toward the tank. "You have forty-five minutes of torture ahead of you. Just be glad that I didn't get dunked, or I would've had to kill you."

Jordan smiled as I said this, but she sighed as she began removing her towel. When I saw what she was wearing, my eyes grew wide and I clutched onto her arm.

"What are you wearing?" I demanded, furrowing my eyebrows. My anger was getting the best of me when I realized that it was the same skimpy swim suit she wore on the night she "seduced" me. "Why are you wearing that?"

"It's the only swim suit I own," Jordan shrug as she threw her towel on the ground, next to the tank. She smirked, slightly, and I could tell she knew something was up. "What, are you jealous or something?"

"Yeah," I answered bluntly, not meaning to. I bit the inside of my cheek, but it was too late. I just admitted I was jealous of other guys looking at her. My eyes widened and I felt my cheeks grow pink as Jordan's did as well. Still, I tried shrugging it off.

"Woo, Jordan! Looking good!" Someone whistled from behind her, making my earlier statement meaningless. My eyes narrowed at the guys who said this, but they didn't seem to notice because they continued to whistle and wink at her. Jordan turned away and began making her way up the dunk tank.

"You're going to buy a different swim suit for Aimee's party, right?" I asked, standing next to her, outside of the dunk tank. A little girl was trying to hit the target, but she kept missing. I tried hiding my jealousy, but it was difficult. "You're not going to wear that one again, are you? Because that's not really a good idea..."

"I'll buy another one," she assured me, cutting me off from rambling further. The ball almost hit the target, making her wince. "I don't really like wearing something that shows this much skin. It's more of Aimee's thing, don't you think?"

I felt as ease, that she was as uncomfortable as I was when she wore things like this in public. "Yeah, it is," I smiled.

The time passed, and Jordan had just under ten minutes to go. Any time a ball even came close to hitting the target, she almost jumped straight off the board. The water looked freezing, I wouldn't blame her. We usually just talked the entire time, and she didn't ask once why I stayed by her side. As the line gradually became smaller, Jordan urged me to try.

"How about you have a go, Jesse?" Jordan smirked, when no one else was waiting for a go. I smirked up at her, knowing that I could dunk her in one try. She stuck out her tongue, waving towards the baseballs on the table. "Go on, I bet you can't dunk me."

"Okay, Emery. I bet you I can," I walked over to the balls with a smirk on my face. I pulled out a five dollar bill and put it on the table. Standing behind the line, I aimed carefully, trying to miss just by an inch.

Jordan's eyes widened when she saw how close it had gotten to the target. I threw the second, this one getting even closer to the target.

"One more ball left, Jacobsen," Jordan gulped, trying her best to keep her voice steady. It wasn't working. "Are you sure you're going to be able to dunk me?"