Jesse's POV (11)

Marnie was going to be visiting the camp soon, and I wasn't looking forward to meeting her friends. Were they even allowed to be at the camp? They were delinquents. But, if Marnie trusted them, I trusted her opinion.

I had to go to the front of the camp and get them all.

"Jesse!" Marnie shouted when she noticed me coming closer. Her friends stood awkwardly behind her, and I couldn't blame them. They were only a year or two younger than I was, which seemed weird because I always treated Marnie like a child.

Seeing her with Seth made me realize she wasn't a child. I still wasn't comfortable seeing them together, though.

We walked back to the camp and I smirked as four girls were running toward us, all at different speeds. The first one to make it to the group of us was Jordan's blonde friend, who Alex wouldn't shut up about.

"Hi!" She waved to Marnie's friends. "I'm Lexi Lightle, a friend of Jesse!"

There had to be a reason why she said I was her friend, I barely remembered her name. It had to have something to do with the delinquents.

"I'm Marnie, Jesse's cousin," she introduced herself as the other three girls made their way closer to us. Jordan watched quietly as her friends continued to introduce themselves to the five guests. The look on her face was entertaining. Jordan looked as if she expected something different, which I'm sure she did. One of Marnie's friends was staring at Jordan, making her uncomfortable.

Before she could say anything, he jumped up with a grin spread across his face. "Yo! I'm Rex! Who are you?"

She blinked, staring at him in awe. Something about him must've caught her off guard, because it seemed she forgot her name.

"Her name's Jordan Emery," I answered lazily, giving Jordan a look. Marnie almost snapped her neck turning to look at Jordan and I. When I saw the huge grin plastered on her face, I knew I shouldn't have said anything.

"Jordan?" Marnie's eyes lit up. "The Jordan?"

I shot Marnie a look, telling her to shut up. All she did was giggle and run up to Jordan. "It's great to meet you, Jordan! Jesse talks about you all the time!"

"He does?" Jordan asked, her eyes widening. Marnie began nodding, and I lightly shoved her out of the way.

"To tell her how annoying you are and how you're ruining my life," I covered. Jordan's mouth dropped to a frown and turned to look at the other people who came with us.

"Oh, yeah," Marnie introduced us to her friends. Standing there was a girl and a boy. They both looked pretty timid to be here. "And these are my friends Delilah and River. They're both pretty shy."

"I am not," Delilah said, crossing her arms over her chest, moving closer to River.

"Deli Sandwich is shy," Rex pointed to his friend. "She might say she's not, but she is. River's just antisocial."

"I am not," River defended himself, furrowing his eyebrows. It was starting to get colder, so we all started making our way to my cabin. Someone screamed after the first step we took. I flipped around, finding Delilah standing still with wide eyes and an open mouth. River appeared at her side, whispering something so quiet I couldn't hear.

"I... I thought I saw..." Delilah whispered, tears brimming her eyes. Her face was white. Rex jumped to her side and wrapped his arms around her.

"Everything's going to be alright, Deli Sandwich!" He cried out. Seth walked over to her as well, placing a hand on her head. No one else seemed to know what was going on, not even Marnie.