Jesse's POV (31)

Dating Jordan was something I've always wanted, but it did make things different. We had to keep it a secret, so no one would get hurt. Not to mention how much her friends disliked me.

I saw Jordan sitting on one of the dirt bikes not too far away from where I was. She was talking with AJ, who looked interested in the topic they were discussing. Where as Jordan looked frustrated. I rode over there, hearing just a second of their conversation.

"Did you guys go on a date?" I heard AJ say.

"No, we didn't," Jordan snapped, sounding annoyed. A date? She went on a date?

"A date, Emery?" I asked, voicing my thoughts. Saying her last name again was weird. I was always used to saying it to keep up the enemy act, but now I was so used to calling her Jordan. "Who would go out with you?"

"It doesn't really concern you," AJ scowled, crossing her arms over her chest. "I highly doubt that you even know Jordan's boyfriend anyway. None of us but Jordan know him."

"He's not my boyfriend," Jordan groaned, covering her face with her hands. She was frustrated and angry, and I just wanted to pull her into a hug and hold her. "He's just a... friend."

"That's why you totally ditched us yesterday at the park for him," her friend said with a smirk. I was waiting for Jordan to deny it or roll her eyes, but she just gave me a look. Wait, she was on a date? With who? I was suddenly extremely curious in their conversation.

When I realized neither of them were going to say anything, I let out a small laugh and said, "Anyone who'd go out with you has got to be crazy."

"And anyone who would ever go out with you would have to be completely out of their mind," she shot back, trying her best to hide a smile. It was obvious that both those things weren't true, but I loved seeing the small smile on her face.

I'd have to ask her about the date she had later, because I was starting to feel jealous. But she'd tell me sooner or later, she'd have to.

"Well, as much as it would be to make fun of you for the rest of the class, I don't feel like failing the class by doing absolutely nothing," I smirked, straightening the bike up and riding away.

I didn't want to leave, but if I stayed, I'd either kiss her or show some sort of affection. And right now, it's not the best thing we could do.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The cabin was empty except for Alex and I, and I still needed to talk to Jordan about what happened earlier. I was sure whatever "date" she went on was just a joke AJ made, but I had to make sure. The suspense was killing me.

I turned toward Alex, about to ask him if he could go to Cabin C and get her. Before a word left my mouth, he said "I'm on it," and headed to the door. I smirked to myself as he gave me a look, shutting the door behind him.

A few minutes later, he returned to the cabin. I looked behind him, expecting to see Jordan. When I noticed she wasn't there, I raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to explain.

"Lexi told me that Jordan received a call about fifteen minutes ago and then she left the cabin," Alex said, raising his hands a little. "No one knows where she went."

I felt a little twist in my stomach. Surely Jordan just went out for a walk or something, right? I mean, this situation shouldn't be making me feel uneasy. Jordan's fine.

My phone started vibrating in my pocket, making me sigh and pull it out immediately. It always seemed to do this at the best times. When I saw it was Jordan that messaged me, my heart skipped a beat. She never texts me; she usually just comes over.