Jesse's POV (10)

I decided to just sleep off the unsettling memories of me hurting Jordan, but it was so much harder than I thought it would be. I couldn't stop thinking about how I shoved her against the wall of the cabin without a thought.

Thinking about Jordan loving Dallas made my heart hurt, and I hated it. I didn't want to feel this way about her. If I could choose who I loved, I would have wiped away my feelings for Jordan years ago. She hurt me, and she didn't even notice it.

There was a knock at the door, making me groan and get out of bed. I didn't want to get up. But it was kind of a good thing. I needed a distraction. Pulling open the door, my eyes widened as I saw Jordan standing in front of me. The one time I didn't want to see her, she came over voluntarily.

Her hair was messy and her makeup had run a bit, and she still looked beautiful. I reached out my arm and started to pat her head, hoping to start a conversation that didn't involve what happened earlier.

"Your hair's all messed up, Emery," I said. Jordan looked up at me with her big eyes and simply blinked. I reached over and started petting her hair. She didn't say anything as her eyes continued to stare into mine.

"I... I wanted to talk about what happened earlier," Jordan looked away from me. "I just... I don't..."

I took my hand away and turned away, knowing this would come up soon enough. We couldn't just avoid it, no matter how much I wanted to.

"I'm sorry for that," I ran a hand through my hair nervously, not bothering to look up at her. "I wouldn't ever mean to... hurt you."

Jordan's mouth was open ever so slightly. She spoke quietly, "It's alright, I was just shocked when you did it... You've never done anything like that before, so..."

"It won't happen again," I spun around and took a step closer. Jordan looked as though she was deciding if I was telling the truth or not. She continued to look up at me with her eyes wide. When I saw her nod, I swear I felt like jumping up and down. Having no control over my actions, I reached over and brushed her cheek lightly.

Jordan didn't pull away, but that didn't mean she wanted to kiss me like I wanted to kiss her. In fact, she looked scared. My face moved closer to hers, but my phone decided to interrupt right at that moment.

I let out a sigh, pulling it from my pocket. "Hello?"

"Jesse!"

"Oh, hey, Marnie. What do you want?" I asked, clearing my throat. My voice sounded husky. Jordan stared at me while I continued speaking to my cousin.

"Are you busy?" She asked, and I ever so desperately wanted to say yes.

"No, I'm not busy," I crossed my arms and started pacing back and forth on the floor of the cabin.

"Yeah, sure you're not."

"No, I really am not busy," I argued. "Why don't you believe me?"

"You sound annoyed with me, do you have some girl in there?" I could just tell she was smirking.

"No I don't have some girl in here..." I repeated, not getting the chance to finish what I was saying because Marnie started to squeal and laugh. I could barely hear anything she was saying over all the high pitched sounds she was making. "Stop getting so excited."

"Is she listening to this? Tell her I say hi! Jesse!" Marnie giggled, and I overheard her talking to a few friends. "Jesse has a girl in his room!"

"Marnie..." I moaned, listening to her go on and on about Jordan. She continued to try and get me to talk to Jordan about her. "Marnie... Marnie! Fine, alright..."

Turning my head, I faced Jordan and smirked. "Marnie says hi, Jordan."

Her eyes went wide and I turned my attention back to the phone call I was on. It was a good thing Marnie didn't hear me say the name of the girl I was with. If she heard I was with Jordan, I'd never hear the end of it.

"Jesse, I'm coming to visit you!" I heard her say through all the squealing.

Raising an eyebrow, I asked, "what do you mean?"

"Your mom told me about the camp you're in. We live so close now!"

"Yeah, I know I'm closer to you now, but I'm still two states away from you..."

"Jesse," she sounded upset. I knew she was faking, she did it all the time whenever she called or visited. "Don't you miss me?"

"Of course I miss you," I groaned out of aggravation. "But can you really afford it?"

"Jess, you know how much money-"

"Yeah, I know you're rich- don't rub it in!-but I don't know if it's a good idea. I don't even know if it's allowed..."

We were allowed to have visitors. But she didn't have to know that. I did miss my cousin, but I knew that she'd most likely bring her friends with her, which I wasn't looking forward to.

"We're allowed to have visitors," Jordan but in, smirking to herself. "But only on weekends."

"Is that the girl you're with?" Marnie squealed again. I shot Jordan a flat look as Marnie started making plans about when she'd be coming.

"See you on Saturday," I ended the call. Before Marnie could even say goodbye, I snapped it shut and put it back in my pocket.

"So... your cousin's coming on Saturday?" Jordan asked.

"Yeah, unfortunately," I muttered.

"What? Why do you say that? I thought she was one of the people you care about..." She trailed off and my breath caught in my throat. Why did she have to remember that?

"Yeah, she is... But I don't particularly like her friends."

"Why?" Jordan raised an eyebrow.

"Have you heard of Seth Haven?" I asked. He was a murderer, who was put in a school for delinquents. If she remembered the name, it'd be easier to explain.

"No," she answered.

"I guess you're just going to have to figure it out on your own then," I sighed, waving a hand in front of my face.

"Does he go to that one boarding school for delinquents? The one in New York? Bentlywood or something, right?" Jordan asked, and it surprised me how interested she was in the subject.

"Bentwood," I corrected, sitting down on my bed. "And yeah, he goes to that school. She's bringing him along, and then his three friends that she's friends with, too. They go to the delinquent school, too... I do not want to meet another four delinquent boys that hang around my cousin..."

"Well..." Jordan trailed off, looking away for a moment. "Maybe they're not so bad?"

Her statement sounded like a question, but I didn't point it out. Funny how she doesn't judge them so quickly, but since the day we've met she's been judging me.

"You seem scared, Emery," I smirked, cocking my head to the side. Jordan's eyes were wide. "Are you afraid?"

"Of course I am!" She shouted, not even trying to deny it. "Four delinquents? What kind of person is your cousin? Is she too trusting or something? It sure seems like she is!"

"A little, I guess. But you can't judge a book by it's cover, Emery... You've already done that with me," I shrugged, taking a deep breath. Jordan didn't even pretend to notice what I said. Instead, she stood around, looking terrified.

"Well, maybe you'll like one of them, Emery," I teased, lightening the mood. "They seem like your type."

"Oh, go screw yourself, Jacobsen!"

"Can you do it instead?"