Jesse's POV (25)

I was sitting on my bed, flipping through channels, when Alex opened the door and walked, rolling his eyes.

"Dude, stop being such a hermit for once and go outside," Alex called out, making me roll my eyes. "I swear, people are going to start thinking there's something wrong with you."

"Says the guy that used to be in a gang," I called back.

"You used to be in a gang, too!"

"It's not the same," I smirked, waving my hand, dismissing the topic. Alex rolled his eyes, shuffling uncomfortably. I was going to ask him why he was acting jumpy, but he spoke before I had the chance.

"I have a surprise for you," Alex sung, and it wasn't until now that I noticed he had his hands behind his back.

"I'm not in the mood for surprises," I grumbled, not bothering to look at him. "Don't you have to go ask Lexi to the prom or something? You better hurry up before some other guy does it."

Something I was familiar with? Oh, yeah.

"But you'll love this surprise," I noticed him grinning out of the corner of my eye. A warning sign went off inside my brain. "I know you'd rather have her come out of a giant cake wearing nothing but a-"

"Okay, shut up," a new voice snapped, and I turned my head to see Jordan step out from behind Alex. She looked slightly embarrassed, but Alex had a look of amusement on his face. "I don't want to hear whatever you had to say."

"But it's really funny! I was going to say edible-"

"Ah! Okay! Shut it!" She had her hands covering her ears. After she dropped them back to her sides, Alex continued blabbing.

"Anyway, Jordan here has something very important she wants to tell you."

Jordan stared at him flatly. Clearly, she had had enough of this idiot, and I was going to say that I felt the same. "Why don't you just tell him yourself? You seem willing enough."

She wasn't happy about what she had to tell me, which was making me anxious. I had to tell myself to stop thinking about the worst possible scenarios and just allow her to tell me. Ignoring her previous comment, Alex whispered something in her ear before stepping back.

"Go ask Lexi to prom," Jordan glared at him.

"All in good time," he waved her closer to me, but she didn't move. My full attention was focused on them, but I didn't want to show how I felt. Scared and confused. What if Jordan was going to tell me she didn't have any sort of feelings toward me and the last few times we kissed meant nothing to her?

Jordan let out a sigh, turning toward me with an ashamed look on her face. "Well, Jesse," she let out a breath. "I-"

"She's pregnant with Dallas' baby!" Alex shouted from behind her, causing Jordan to give him a hateful look. I didn't do anything. I couldn't do anything. Until the words finally sunk in.

What the fuck?

My fists clenched, and I was ready to go and kill Dallas. When did this happen? When did they find out? Alex knew before me, and he didn't tell me? Jordan and Dallas?

"Alex!" Jordan cried, still facing the blonde.

"Alright, alright, I'm joking," Alex laughed, turning Jordan back around to face me. I should've guessed. Why would I listen to anything Alex says? "She just has this very rare disease and she's going to die in two weeks..."

"Alex!" She shouted again, not bothering to turn around and face him this time. "Go ask Lexi to the prom!"

He didn't say anything, and I figured it was because he was waiting for Jordan to tell me the real reason. After the first two things he said, I'm sure it couldn't be that bad. She let out a breath, facing me once again.