Jesse's POV (15)

I walked into chemistry, one of the only classes I didn't dread going to. As soon as I walked in, I saw Jordan sitting in her regular spot, right next to mine. Before I had the chance to say anything to her, Mrs. Winchester entered the room with good news,

"Both you and your partner are going to have to go out and get the supplies for your project," she spoke to the class, and I smirked to the girl sitting next to me. She huffed in annoyance and turned away from me. Just when I thought we were on a good note, she's suddenly angry with me.

"Aw, cheer up," Emery," I elbowed her in the side softly. "I'm not that horrible to be around, am I?"

She glared, holding her face in her palm. "Yes, you are. You're unbearable."

"Love you too, Emery."

Jordan covered her face with her hands, groaning.

"I hate you," she said, and I was glad she couldn't see me because the smirk dropped from my face instantly.

"Hate you more."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Soon enough, it was time for Jordan and I to go get the supplies we needed for our project. I couldn't wait to be alone with Jordan. Alex made plenty of jokes, and I hit him for each and every one.

Jordan couldn't have looked more uninterested about being alone with me for who knows how long. It was already beginning to get dark, and she didn't even look my way.

"I'm so glad it's Friday," was the first thing she said to me, resting her face in her hand. I started smirking. Jordan finally spoke to me.

"Are you gonna start singing like Rebecca Black now?"

"No," she snapped, annoyed with me already. I've barely started. "Just focus on the road, will you?"

"It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday," I raised my voice, trying to mock Rebecca Black's. Jordan looked even more pissed as she covered her ears and I chuckled.

"I think that song just may be the only thing that's more annoying than you," Jordan grumbled, dropping her hands. She could at least look like she was enjoying this a little.

After a long forty-five minutes, we drove in to the parking lot of the store. Jordan was getting more impatient by the second. I tried pushing my luck, walking as slowly as I possibly could while walking to the store. I found all the objects we needed for our project. Jordan kept trying to put a word in, but I got everything myself.

"You ready to go?" I asked a yawning Jordan after I finished buying all the supplies I needed for chemistry. She nodded lazily, turning toward my car. It was time to call it a night, and we had everything we needed.

She clicked in her seat belt, and I put the keys in the ignition. "Seat belt," Jordan reminded me with her eyes closed. Even though she wasn't looking at me, a stern look was still written on her face. I rolled my eyes, but put it on anyways.

We had only been driving ten minutes, when the car gave up, slowing down to a stop.

"Fuck," I swore, not intending Jordan to hear.

"What is it?" She asked, shuffling in her seat slightly. "Are we here? Why did we stop?"

"The car broke down. I'm going to go see if I can fix it," I informed her, opening the door. Jordan opened her eyes, trying to look at me. "Just go back to sleep or something."

Her head moved a little, and I took it as a nod. My hands ran over the hood of my car before I lifted it up. It only took a few minutes for me to look around, seeing as there was nothing I could do.