Jesse's POV (32)

Alex drove us to the hospital because I was still too shaken up to do it myself. We waited for the news, and soon heard that Jordan was in a coma. She was allowed visitors after they confirmed what condition she was in, but only one person could be in the room at a time. Her doctor said that she could wake up in days, weeks, or months. There was no confirmation, which made me restless.

Still, I sat in her room, waiting for her eyes to open and her lips to curve up at the edges. The chair I sat in was uncomfortable after a few hours, but it gave me a lot of time to think.

I had to do something about Hunter. I wasn't sure what yet, but I refused to sit around, waiting for his next attack. Someone would always be getting hurt, and I could end it. Simple. 

Her friends tried to visit her, but none of them could get in due to the one visitor rule. None of them knew it was me, and I was thankful for that.

Alex tried getting me to get up to go back to camp and shower, but I refused. I couldn't leave Jordan's side. I wanted to be there when she woke up, but I knew that she could not wake up for days, weeks even. Soon enough, I was forced to get up when Alex told me to go and get something to eat. I hadn't even noticed how little I had eaten, because the guilt I was feeling seemed to cover it up pretty well.

Either way, I was walking around the hospital, trying to find something to eat. All I really wanted was to sit back down in the chair and wait for Jordan to wake up, but sooner or later I'd starve to death. At this point, I wouldn't care much if I did.

I walked into the hospital cafeteria, letting out a breath of air as I looked to the food items, trying to find something I'd want to eat. The thing was, I didn't think my stomach could handle any food. Before I could settle on something, Alex almost ran through the doors of the cafeteria.

"Jordan," he sighed, making my eyes widen. I ran straight out the doors, not caring about the food anymore. I jogged right through the hospital and up to her door. I was ready to swing open the door and run in, but Alex stopped me before I could do so.

He opened the door slowly, as I held my breath. Alex put a hand on my shoulder. "She's pretty fragile, Jess," he said to me with a sigh. "She can barely even move without everything hurting. I don't even think she can open her eyes for a decent amount of time because it hurts."

I walked over, placing a hand against her cheek. The chair I was sitting on earlier was too far away from her bed, so I dragged it over. It scraped against the floor, and I sat down. My hand continued to stroke her cheek. Jordan weakly reached up and grabbed onto my hand, holding it as tight as she could. I smiled when I saw that she was awake. 

"It's all my fault," was the first thing Jordan said. Her voice sounded rough, and I wanted to hold her close to me.

"What's all your fault?" I couldn't help but ask, brushing my hand over hers.

"Alexandria," Jordan croaked. "She died... because of me."

"No, Jordan," I shook my head, lowering it slightly. "None of this was your fault. Everything is my fault, okay? I'm the one that got you dragged into this. This is all my fault."

"I said hi... to Alexandria," Jordan began slowly, not wanting to hurt herself further. "At the park... the day before this all happened."

"It's not your fault," I repeated with a stern voice. None of this was Jordan's fault.

"How long have I been out?" Jordan asked, changing the topic.

"Three weeks," Alex said from the couch on the side of the room. Jordan's eyes widened as her jaw dropped.