Jesse's POV (18)

(So because Jesse isn't in chapter 17 in 'There's a Thin Line Between Love and Hate' at all, I didn't write anything for it. I tried, but I couldn't. This may happen a few times in the future, but hopefully not often.)

"Welcome back, Emery!" I greeted the second I saw her walking back in the camp. I couldn't stop myself from smiling all day. Jordan was finally back. She continued pulling her suitcase on the ground, not even acknowledging me.

"Aw, are you ignoring me, Emery?" I asked, teasingly, even though I was worried I that something actually happened. "What did I do now?"

Jordan didn't even look up at me. I watched as her expressions changed as she was thinking long and hard about something. What was I supposed to do to get her to talk to me?

"Seriously, what did I do?"

"You didn't do anything," she didn't take her eyes away from the ground. Her eyebrows furrowed, then rose, and she made plenty of different expressions I couldn't even read. Something was bugging her.

"Then, what's wrong?" I asked, wrapping my hand around her wrist. Jordan froze for a second as she stared at my hand, but shrugged it off a second later. What was that about?

"Nothing's wrong," Jordan shrugged, trying to pull her arm out of my grasp. This caused me to hold it tighter. Something was wrong, and I wasn't going until I heard what it was.

"I... I just..." she said, not knowing what to say.

"Jordan," I spoke as softly as I could. "Tell me what's wrong."

"AJ's boyfriend broke up with her," she excused, pulling her arm away from my hand. I felt relieved, I thought she may have run into Hunter or something. "She's been sobbing all week. I feel bad for her, that's all."

I didn't take my eyes off of her as she continued walking. I wanted to see if she'd do anything to prove that she was lying, but when nothing happened, I let it go. That didn't mean I believed her, though. Why would she have trouble telling me about AJ's boyfriend breaking up with her? There had to be something else wrong.

We walked in silence all the way back to her cabin, and she walked right up to the door. Before Jordan walked in, she turned to me and gave me a small smile. "Thanks, Jesse."

I was taken aback by her using my name, but shrugged it off. She's said it plenty of times before. Returning the smile, I turned around and headed toward my cabin as Jordan walked into hers.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"We always seem to bump into each other here, don't we, Emery?" I said from behind, expecting her to jump like she usually did. When she didn't, I knew something had to be wrong. Why else would she be acting like this?

I sat down next to her, watching very carefully, waiting for something to happen. Jordan's eyes were filled with tears, which was never good. Her gaze continued looking straight into the dark water of the lake.

"What's wrong?" I asked with a concerning tone. She didn't even turn my way. I saw Dallas walking away from the dock earlier... If he hurt her again I would fucking–

My thoughts cut off when Jordan let out a cry, slapping a hand over her mouth. I didn't know if she wanted me to stay or leave, but judging by her expression, she needed somebody. I couldn't leave her like this.

Jordan threw her other hand over her mouth, letting out another sob as tears fell down her cheeks. Her eyes squeezed shut and she tilted her head forward, so her hair covered her face.

"Jordan," I whispered, holding on to her wrist as lightly as I could. "What happened? Please tell me what's wrong..."

Instead of her saying anything, Jordan leaned forward, placing her forehead against my chest. Her fingers wrapped around my shirt as she started crying heavily.

I was in complete shock at first. She wanted me to hold her? I stopped asking myself questions when I realized she needed me. My arms encircled her waist and pulled her against me.

"What happened?" I whispered again, burying my lips into her hair. I kissed the top of her head gently before continuing. "Jordan, please... Tell me what happened."

She began choking out her words. "M-My grandma. Sh-She's g-gone!"

My arms tightened , trying my best to comfort her when she needed me. I always saw these things. I was always there when she needed me. Why couldn't she just see that I was the one she needed?

My breath hitched as I saw Jordan remove her head from my chest, looking up at me. Our faces were so close together. I can't remember the last time we were this close, but I missed it. Her makeup was running, but she still managed to look beautiful.

Her lips were so close to mine. A centimetre closer, and we'd be kissing. Jordan then leaned forward and placed her chin on my shoulder. Her arms went around my neck and I could feel her breath right by my ear.

"Thank you... So much."

I held on tighter and began stroking her hair to soothe her. "Shh... Everything's alright, okay? I'm here with you. You'll always have me, okay?"

I tensed up after I realized what I said, but Jordan didn't think anything of it as she hugged me tightly.

"I was just with her yesterday," she admitted, sobbing so close to my face. "She hugged me goodbye at the airport, she told me she's see me soon... She said she'd call me later today. I... I can't..."

"It's alright," I replied, not recognizing my own voice. I've comforted Jordan before, but never like this. This is different. "Everything's going to be okay. She'd want you to be happy, Jordan. Your grandma loves you more than anything..."

"She wanted to see me get married," Jordan continued, and I knew where this was heading. Even though I didn't want to hear about her and Dallas, I listened carefully. "She wanted to see... She wanted to see our wedding.

My eyes widened so far I thought they'd fall out. That took an unexpected turn, but it made me want to hold on to her even tighter. "Our wedding?"

"She wanted to see us get married," Jordan rambled, and I didn't know where she was going with this, but I liked it. "She wanted me to marry you... She liked you more than Dallas. She would always tease me about you... All the time... She really, really wanted to see us get married someday. I think that was her dream... She just wanted me to marry you... That was it. She wanted us to get married."

I wasn't sure if I was breathing or not. My face must have been beet red and I didn't want to talk, because I was sure nothing would come out except air. I placed a hand on her cheek, cradling her head.

"Are you... Are you going to fulfill her dream?" I bit the inside of my lip.

Jordan's eyes closed. "I don't know."

And that was the end of it. I sat there, holding Jordan in my arms, wanting the moment to never end. My mind travelled to a bunch of 'what if' scenarios. And the one that wouldn't leave my mind, was the question I've been asking myself since Jordan began despising me.

'What if I finally crossed the thin line between love and hate?'