Chapter 20: The Aether Foundation

I was in a white room. I couldn't feel anything, and it was completely silent. None of my pokemon were around with me, so I felt a little scared.

Just then, I looked ahead to see something. A blurry image was slowly coming toward me. It was too blurry for me to make out a shape, but I tell that there were different colours scrambled everywhere. "Fi...find..." I heard a strange voice whisper. The image started to fade away until it blended in with the light. I wondered what there was to find. Suddenly, the room became pitch black. The image reappeared, but it was still too blurry for me to figure out what it was. That was when the voice let out a deafening scream.

"FIND MILLIE!!!"

My eyes immediately opened as I sat up. I looked around the room. I could hear Bubble lightly snoring next to me. "Wow...some dream that was..." I mumbled to myself as I scratched the back of my head. I got out of bed, stretched, woke Bubble up, then went to get dressed.

A little while later, I met up with Yvonne, and we both went out for breakfast together. We had gotten a rather large table, probably because we both had four pokemon who would be eating as well. Yvonne ordered some eggs and sausage, and I ordered some french toast and orange juice. After the waitress left with a "coming right up!", I sent out my pokemon, then watched as Yvonne sent out hers. Out of four pokeballs came her Pyukumuku, her Dartrix, a pikachu and a rockruff. "Pika, pikachu!" Pikachu happily jumped onto the table as Rockruff cuddled up to Yvonne quietly. I guess Rockruff was a little shy.
"Oh," Yvonne started, "I guess I didn't introduce you to my two other pokemon, Rockruff and Pikachu." "No," I agreed. "I've never seen you battle with them before." "I actually caught both of them on Melemele island, when Pikachu was just a pichu," Yvonne explained.
Just then, two women came to our table. The first one was tall with long, blonde hair and silver streaks, pale skin, and green eyes. She had a short, white dress and black and white leggings.
The second lady looked around my age. She, like the first woman, had long blonde hair, pale skin and green eyes. She had a huge white hat on her head, along with a white dress. She was carrying a black and white cylinder-shaped bag, with a pokeball design on the side.
"Is anyone else sitting here?" The taller woman asked. "Sorry, there aren't any tables left to sit at." "No, that's fine," I replied. "You can sit with us." "T-thank you," the shorter girl mumbled as she sat down.

Pretty soon, we had gotten our food. The pokemon each got glasses of pinap juice, a fairly large malasada, and two pokepuffs, each pokepuff coming with a small pokebean on top. As the pokemon dug into their food, the taller woman began to speak. "My name is Lusamine," she introduced, "and this is my daughter, Lillie." "Hi..." Lillie greeted quietly.
Lusamine chuckled. "Oh, Lillie, these girls won't hurt you. Quit acting like that; it's embarrasing."
Lusamine looked at us again. "Sorry, she's just a bit shy. Anyway, I'm the president of the Aether Foundation on Aether Paradise." "Aether Paradise?" Yvonne echoed. "Never heard of it. What's it like?"

Pretty soon, I found myself in a huge building with Lillie, Lusamine and Yvonne. Racky was also out of her pokeball, sitting on my shoulder. Pokemon ran around happily everywhere I looked. "Look at all these pokemon," I observed. "I know," Lusamine replied. "I want to create a utopia for pokemon and let them feel my love." Suddenly, a pokemon sprung out of Lillies bag, one that I had never seen before. I took Rotom out of my fanny pack and had it scan the pokemon.
"I can't find any data," Rotom told me. As I put it away, I thought to myself, That's weird...
"Nebby, get back in the bag, please," Lillie ordered. "Cos, cosmog!" The cute pokemon ignored Lillie and jumped around happily. Racky jumped down, wanting to jump around and play with Nebby, as well. When it turned around and saw her, though, it jumped up in surprise and began to cry, hovering over to Lillie. "Racky!" I scolded. "Can you approach someone more slowly next time?" "Pider..." Racky apologized sheepishly.
Just then, a white diamond formed in front of us. It seemed to begin to open as we backed up a few steps. The opening got bigger and bigger, until finally, a weird looking pokemon came out of it.

"An ultra beast?" I heard Lusamine ask herself.