Chapter 48: Gabe and Hakamo-o, the fierce fighters!

Yvonne and I both pulled out a pokeball, ready to take down Kommo-o. Now that I had a full team, I felt ready for anything, and I'm sure Yvonne felt the same way.
"Gabe, lets go!" "Hakamo-o, I choose you!" I thought it was kind of cool that Yvonne was using Hakamo-o against its evolved form.
"Gabe, this is my final trial, and Yvonnes final trial as well," I told my pokemon, "so lets make this battle good. Now, lets start this with dual chop!" "Hakamo-o, headbutt!" "Haka!" With that, Gabe used the move, stunning Kommo-o for a few seconds. While it was stunned, Hakamo-o charged into Kommo-o, bashing its head into the totem pokemons gut. Kommo-o just shook it off, though, and it used sky uppercut on Hakamo-o, sending it flying. Before it could hurt itself from the impact of the fall, though, Gabe sprang up and caught it.
"Hakamo-o, sky uppercut!" "Gabe, use dragon claw!" Before the two pokemon could hit Kommo-o, a translucent, turquoise force field appeared around it, making Hakamo-o and Gabe bounce back like a ball when they tried to use their attacks. Kommo-o had used protect.
"Gabe, sandstorm!" "Hakamo-o, dragon claw!" Gabe kicked up a sandstorm, causing Kommo-o to sneeze. Hakamo-o charged into Kommo-o, its right set of claws glowing, but Kommo-o saw it and swatted it away as if it were an annoying housefly. Then, Kommo-o used dragon claw, severely injuring Hakamo-o.

"Gabe, dual chop!" "Hakamo-o, use headbutt!" We had been battling for a little while now. Gabe and Hakamo-o both used their moves, but Kommo-o wasn't affected very much by them. Man, I thought, what the hell is that Kommo-o made of? Gabe and Hakamo-o can barely make a dent in that thing...I wonder if- "Kommo!!!" My thoughts were cut short when Kommo-o started stomping around, vigorously shaking its scales and making noise; it was using the move Clanging Scales. Gabe and Hakamo-o shut their eyes and lost their balance, unable to deal with Kommo-os attack.
I plugged my ears; the sound clanging scales was creating was unbearable.

When Kommo-o finished using the attack, Gabe and Hakamo-o could barely stand up. "Grr...grrawr!" Gabe growled in rage as he tried to stand up. Hakamo-o tried to stand up, as well, but then, both of them began to glow.
Gabe grew about two feet taller, and he grew more slim and muscular. His claws grew longer, along with the four fins on his body.
When the glowing stopped, both pokemon looked different and stronger. Gabe was a Garchomp now, and Hakamo-o was now a Kommo-o. Both pokemon let out a huge roar, then elbowed each other in happiness. Now that Gabe had evolved, signifying that I had a fully evolved team, I felt a huge boost of confidence.
"Alright, Gabe, I'm not letting you lose to this guy! Dragon rage!" "Kommo-o, dragon claw!" The two pokemon went up and used their moves against Totem Kommo-o, who got severely injured. The totem pokemon tried using Sky uppercut on Gabe, but he dodged. "Alright, Kommo-o, lets finish off strong! Dragon tail, now!" "Gabe, use dragon claw!" Yvonnes Kommo-os tail began to glow green, and then it swung its tail at Totem Kommo-o, sending it spinning backwards. Since Totem Kommo-o was heading towards Gabe as it spun, the Garchomp finished it off by using dragon claw. Totem Kommo-o crashed to the ground, and when the dust cleared, I saw swirls in its eyes, and a Z-crystal in each of its hands.
It was official. As of now, Yvonne and I had completed all of our trials. Flashbacks of the many totem pokemon I had fought in the past rushed through my head as I picked up one of the Z-crystals, and Yvonne picked up the other one.

Gumshoos... Wishiwashi... Salazzle... Lurantis... Togedemaru... Mimikyu... Kommo-o.

"Thanks for battling Totem Kommo-o with me, Yvonne," I mumbled with gratitude after we returned our pokemon. "I don't know what I'd do without friends like you and Lillie." "Aw, Millie," Yvonne replied as Lillie walked up. "Thank YOU for battling with me. You're really strong, and you and Lillie mean just as much to me as I do to you."
The three of us joined together for a group hug, which brought me to tears of happiness. I was overjoyed at how close I was to accomplishing my two goals. I was overjoyed at the fact that, during my island challenge, I met many pokemon and explored many different places. Not only that, but I had finally made my first true friends. Best of all, after many long years of turmoil, I had finally lived the dream my mother didn't want me to live.

After we released the hug, I wiped away my tears, and my happiness changed to determination. Yvonne, Lillie and I stepped out of the cave, ready to save Lusamine once and for all.