Chapter 41: The new kahuna on the block!

The next day, Lillie and I began walking to the Ruins of Hope. Yvonne had decided not to come, since she wanted to go and find a pokemon to catch, but she promised to catch up with us later.

Soon, we had made it. As I looked around, I remembered that Tapu Fini had a connection with the ruins.
"Okay, Nebby," Lillie started as she opened her backpack and took out a still comatose Nebby. "I tried the Ruins of Conflict, the Ruins of Life, and the Ruins of Abundance, but none of those had what you were looking for. Do the Ruins of Hope have it?" Nebby did not respond, which made me feel bad again, remembering the incident at Aether Paradise. We stayed for a couple more minutes, waiting for something to happen.

Eventually, the silence was broken when Lillie let out a long sigh. "I guess not," she muttered as she put Nebby back in her backpack.
We were about to turn around and leave when I heard something; it was a strange, indescribable sound.
"I think it's coming from the cave," Lillie predicted, aware of my curiosity.

We went into the cave only to see a short girl with thick black braids and farmer clothing. There was Z power flowing everywhere, and it looked like the girl was holding something.
"I give my thanks," the girl spoke, "for your great blessing. As kahuna, I will do my best for the people and the pokemon of Alola."
After pausing for a moment, the girl turned around and saw us. "Hey, fellas," she greeted with a smile. "Who are you?" I asked. "The name's Hapu," the girl replied. "As of now, I'm th' new kahuna of Poni island!" "I'm Millie," I introduced, "and this is Lillie."
Just then, a huge brown pokemon came out of Hapus pocket from its pokeball. "Ni-hiii!" It let out an excited cry. Remembering when I tried to catch that Mudbray a while ago, I knew instantly that this was Mudbrays evolved form. I took Rotom out of my backpack and had it scan it. "Mudsdale," it explained, "the draft horse pokemon, and the evolved form of Mudbray. Mudsdales heavy, mud-covered kicks are its best method of attacking, and it can reduce large trucks to scrap without difficulty."

"You're trying to go to Ultra Space to save someone?" Hapu asked later on. Her, Lillie and I had gone to her house for lunch. "Y-yes..." Lillie confirmed. "My mother wanted to go to Ultra Space for something, but I'm not sure what she needed. When Millie and I went to Malie Library, we read in a book that the legendary pokemon can open an ultra wormhole if you summon it by playing a flute of some sort." "You're gonna hafta go to Exeggutor island, then," Hapu explained. "I'm pretty sure they have two special flutes somewhere on there, called the sun flute and the moon flute. I could be wrong, though." "In that case, we should head over now," Lillie suggested. "Millie, are your pokemon fully healed, and are you ready to go? We probably won't be there long." "Yeah, I'm ready," I confirmed.

We were about to step onto the boat to go to Exeggutor Island when Hapu suddenly stopped me.
"Millie," she stated, "before we go, as a kahuna I have to battle you." "What...?" I questioned, puzzled. "You mean...right now? Here?" "Yes." "But I haven't completed any trials on this island yet...?" "Don't worry 'bout it. I hope you're ready." At that moment, Hapu took a few steps back and took out a pokeball.

I wasn't expecting a battle, but I determinedly did the same thing and got prepared to send out a pokemon.