Chapter 46: The dragon family

(Long chapter...again. XD)

MILLIES POV

It had been a few minutes after Lillie and I came back from Exeggutor Island. Hapu had to leave us to get prepared for another challenger who was on his way to Poni island, and Lillie had gone to the pokemon center to have a nap, since she was a bit tired after the trip. I was about to do a bit of shopping until I ran into Yvonne.
"Hey, Millie!" She greeted happily. "Uh...I wanted to ask you something." "What is it?" I replied. "Since we're on Poni Island," Yvonne explained, "my family and I live here. I was wondering if you'd like to come to my house right now and meet my family? It's okay if you're too busy preparing to save Lusamine." "No, I'll come," I agreed. "I've kind of wanted you to come to my house, too, but I live on Melemele Island, which is a bit far away from here." "Okay," Yvonne replied. "Lets do it, then! My house is near Poni beach."

Pretty soon, I found myself stepping into Yvonnes house. It was a fairly large bungalow, with dark, wooden floors and a lot of windows.
When I looked to my left, I saw a boy and a girl playing a card game at the dining room table with two pokemon; a Goodra and a Noibat. On my right, I saw a woman, who I knew right away was Yvonnes mother, cooking something. The spicy scent of the food filled my nostrils as I saw a man, Yvonnes father, sitting at his desk and doing what looked like business work on his laptop. "Mom, Dad! I'm here to visit!" Yvonne greeted. "This is Millie, she's one of my friends!" Yvonnes parents, along with the boy and the girl, looked up and greeted us.
"So let me introduce you to my family, the Bêsprites," Yvonne offered. She started off with her parents. After that, she introduced the boy, who had blonde hair, freckles, brown eyes, and a short-sleeved baseball shirt. "This is Camille, my older brother, but just call him Cameron, or Cam. He's fifteen." "Nice to meet you," Cam greeted as he shook hands with me.
Just then, the Goodra I saw earlier went up and gave me a huge hug. "Goodra!" Cam scolded. "You're going to get Millie covered in goo! Sorry about that, Millie. My Goodra's really friendly, but he often acts before he thinks." "That's okay," I reassured.
Just then, the young girl and the Noibat came up to me. She had fairly long, wavy brown hair and blue eyes. Along with that, she had glasses, a missing tooth, no freckles, and she wore a green dratini tank top and a blue jean skirt.
"Hi!" The girl shouted excitedly. "I'm Suzanne, and I'm eight! Just call me Suzy, though! This is my Noibat!" "Aren't you a little young to have a pokemon?" I questioned. "No," Suzy replied. "Dad caught it for me!"

Soon, the four of us went into Yvonnes room, which she shared with Suzy, to hang out. I was kind of surprised how big the room was, and how many things there were in the room that were related to dragon type pokemon. There was a small mobile with dragon type pokemon made from glass, a poster on the wall with Latios and Latias, and a small Deino plushie on Suzys bunk; her and Yvonne shared a bunk bed. Yvonne had the top bunk, and Suzy had the bottom.
"So what's with you and all these Kalosian names and dragon type pokemon?" I asked. "Well, my family and I used to live in Kalos," Yvonne explained. "I don't remember much of Kalos, but I do know that we moved to Alola when I was around five. As for the dragon types, the Bêsprites have kind of been assosciated with them since before my great grandparents were born. Nowadays, it's kind of expected that at least two members of the newest generation of the Bêsprites family catches a dragon type."
"Speaking of which," Cam pointed out. "Millie, do you have any dragon types?" "I have one," I confirmed, then sent out Gabe. Cam stared in awe at him. "Beautiful," Cam commented. "Gabite is a really powerful pokemon, and it's power will grow if you evolve it into a Garchomp. Here, take this." With that, Cam gave me a weird marble of some sort. "It's Garchomps mega stone, the Garchompite. With it, you can use mega evolution on your Gabite when he evolves, but I won't explain a lot about mega evolution right now. Oh, you also need this for mega evolution. It's called a keystone." Cam handed me another marble, and this time, the marble was a weird rainbow colour. "Mega evolution is a really good tool for battling."
"Yvonne, what about you?" Suzy asked. "Have you caught any dragon types?" "No..." Yvonne mumbled, which made Cam and Suzys jaws drop.
"What?!?!" Suzy shouted in disbelief. "Yvonne! Go out with Millie and catch one!" "Keep the family traditions running!" Cam added. "Well, I do need one more pokemon on my team, anyway," Yvonne sheepishly mumbled. "So I may as well."

Yvonne, Gabe and I were in some tall grass now. I could hear the sounds of attacks a couple of yards away; Cam and Suzy were having a battle.
Suddenly, a bipedal gray pokemon shot out of the grass at Yvonne, so I took out Rotom to scan it.
"Hakamo-o," it explained, "the scaly pokemon, and the evolved form of Jangmo-o. Hakamo-o can make loud noise by clanging its hard scales together. When the rhythm has reached its peak, Hakamo-o unleashes an attack." I watched as Yvonne sent out her Decidueye.
"Okay. Decidueye, start it off with pluck!" Decidueye instantly flew over to Hakamo-o, his beak glowing, and snatched away the oran berry Hakamo-o was holding. It almost hit Decidueye with dragon tail, but Decidueye was quick enough to dodge. "You can do this, Yvonne!" I encouraged. "Thanks," Yvonne replied with a smile. "I know I can. Decidueye, spirit shackle, now!" "Decid!" Decidueye pulled out an arrow quill from his wing, then drew it back. When a purple shadow aura surrounded the arrow, Decidueye fired it. The arrow made a quick loop around Hakamo-o, then hit it. Hakamo-o used dragon claw on Decidueye, but Yvonne pulled out an ultra ball, preparing to catch Hakamo-o. "Alright. Ultra ball, go!" With that, Yvonne threw the ultra ball at Hakamo-o.
Tilt.
Tilt.
Tilt.
Click!
Yvonne and Decidueye happily ran over and picked up Hakamo-os ultra ball. "My sixth pokemon!" Yvonne exclaimed as she showed me her new catch. "Millie, I have a full team for the Pokemon League now!" I realized she was right. Decidueye, Pyukumuku, Raichu, Lycanroc, Minccino, and now Hakamo-o.

I need to catch a sixth pokemon soon, too, I thought a little sheepishly.