Chapter 28: The addition

(Merry christmas, everyone! It's not much of a gift, but enjoy this new chapter! -Shade)

"What the...how, yo?!" The team skull grunt with the Salandit widened his eyes in disbelief as the three of us watched Sparky and Bubble evolve. The bubble things on the back of Bubbles head merged together to form hair, while her nose became much smaller. Meanwhile, Sparky grew taller, and he got a bigger mane. When the glowing stopped, Bubble and Sparky were taller and looked different. "Luxray!" "Prima!" The two pokemon let out a determined cry.
I took out Rotom to scan Bubble. "Primarina," it explained, "the soloist pokemon, and the evolved form of Brionne. To Primarina, every battle is a stage. It takes down its enemies in battle with beautiful singing and dancing."
"This is stupid," the grunt with the Golbat sighed as I put Rotom away. "Evolution doesn't always make a pokemon stronger. Golbat, steel wing on the Luxray!" "Now, Salandit, flame burst on the Primarina!" "Sparky, thunder fang on Golbat! Bubble, use aqua jet on Salandit!" Golbat and Salandit tried to dodge the attacks, but they ended up getting hit, which instantly made them faint. Both grunts looked at me in fear as they picked up their fainted pokemon.
"T-Those two pokemon weren't that strong, anyway!" The grunt with the Golbat blurted as him and the other grunt ran away. "At least they're fully evolved, unlike yours!" I shouted in reply, then returned Sparky and Bubble to their pokeballs. "Great job, guys."

When the grunts were nothing more than moving dots on the road, I walked to the pokemon center to check on Gabite.
"He's doing much better!" Nurse Joy informed with a smile. "He still has a burn on the back of his head, but I think he'll be ready to be released back into the wild once it heals. Since his treatment, he's become a lot more-" Nurse Joys sentence was cut off when Gabite, with a bandage on its left arm, sprang out from behind her. He ran around the pokemon center happily, knocking things over and doing somersaults. Nurse Joy and I both began to laugh as I handed her my four pokemon in their pokeballs.
When I tried to leave after my pokemon were healed, I was stopped by Gabite, who fastened himself onto my left leg. "You must be excited to be able to go back in the wild again," I chuckled, "but you need to wait until your burn heals." "I think he's trying to thank you for saving him," Nurse Joy told me. Just then, Gabites claw hooked onto one of the zippers on my backpack. He pulled it down, opening the backpack, and then pulled out one of my empty pokeballs. "You want me to catch you?" I asked. Gabite began to do a little dance in reply, which I'm sure meant, "Please! Please do," in pokemon speak.
"Okay!" I replied happily as I took out a pokeball. I let Gabite push the button, then watched as he turned red and went into the pokeball.
Tilt.
Tilt.
Tilt.
Click!
At this point, I was only one pokemon away from having a full team. I sent Gabite out of his pokeball and decided to name him Gabe.