Chapter 45: Logan and the eeveelutions

(Warning: Long chapter! XD)

LOGANS POV

"Awesome job, kid. Good luck on the rest of your trials." Those were the last words Nanu said to me before handing me the Darkium Z, then going to investigate a crime. I wanted to help, and he thanked me for the offer, but he told me that someone robbed a bank, so I wouldn't be able to do much to help. I had taken down Nanus Persian with my Eevee, who was right now looking a little shaken up.
"C'mon, Eevee," I encouraged as I picked him up and carried him on my shoulder. "Let's get you to a pokemon center."
So far, things had been going pretty well with my team. My Torracat had evolved into an Incineroar after my battle with Kahuna Olivia, my Psyduck had evolved into a Golduck during my battle with Totem Togedemaru, and my Duskull had evolved into Dusclops during my battle with Totem Mimikyu. After that, I had traded Dusclops to someone in exchange for an Alolan Sandshrew, but after a few moments I painfully regretted my decision. Thankfully the person was nice, though, and they traded Dusclops, who had evolved into a Dusknoir thanks to the trade, back to me. As an apology for my stupid decision, I had let Dusknoir help me to catch a Drampa. So now, I had a team of five pokemon; Incineroar, Dusknoir, Golduck, Drampa, and Eevee.

I first got Eevee as an egg from Paniola ranch. It took a long time, but eventually he hatched from the egg after I finished my trial with Kiawe. Eevee was a male, and he was a pokemon who was shy and timid, yet had a good amount of self confidence. It didn't take long for him to warm up to me.

After taking my pokemon to the pokemon center, I began to walk to the boat port, with Eevee out of his pokeball.
Just then, I was stopped by a girl and her pokemon. The girl had brown hair that was put into a low braid, along with purple, horn-rimmed glasses and blue eyes. She had a fairly large waist, a light gray shirt with medium sleeves and a black tank top underneath, and ripped, acid washed shorts.
"Hi there," she greeted. "That's a cute Eevee you have there."
I noticed the girl had an Eevee with her, as well. "I'm Violet. This is my Eevee, Evelyn. Evelyn, say hi!" The small Eevee, who had a ribbon tied into a bow around her ear, walked up and smiled. "Vee!" She greeted as her tail and ears perked up. "H-hello..." I replied, feeling a little shy. "My name's Logan." "Do you want to know how to evolve your Eevee?" Violet asked. "Eevee evolves?" I asked with a smile. "I didn't know that. Of course I want to evolve him!" "Okay," Violet chuckled, "then follow me."

Before I knew it, I was at Violets house, sitting at the dining room table with her and her mother, Rita. We were eating some lunch, which was grilled cheese and tomato soup. All of my pokemon were out of their pokeballs, eating some pokemon food. Violet finished her soup, then pulled out five pokeballs. Wow, she sure eats fast, I thought. Then, Violet and Rita got up and sent out four pokemon each.
"These are my pokemon," Violet told me as she pointed to the pokemon she sent out, "they each used to be an Eevee." The first eeveelution walked up and rubbed my leg. "That's Leafeon, Eevees grass type evolution. This Leafeon is quite friendly." After Leafeon walked back to Violet, her other three eeveelutions walked up to me one at a time; Umbreon, Sylveon, and Vaporeon. As they walked up, Violet told me their names and explained their types. After that, Ritas eeveelutions walked up to me one at a time; Espeon, Glaceon, Jolteon, and Flareon.
"Logan, do you want to evolve your Eevee?" Rita asked. "Yes," I replied, then took a bite out of my grilled cheese sandwich. "But...how am I supposed to decide which one to evolve my Eevee into?" I paused to swallow my food, then continued talking. "They all seem really cool." "Eventually you'll take a liking to a particular eeveelution," Violet reassured, "but it's really hard at first. Why don't we do some fun stuff together to try and help you decide?" "That would be great," I agreed. "Thanks."

At first I thought we would just be doing stereotypical girl stuff, like shopping, trying on clothes, or getting smoothies. I was wrong, though, because although we did get smoothies, that wasn't the only thing we did. We battled, ate food, and did a bunch of other stuff. We even went Mantine surfing, which is something I've wanted to do since I was a child. Doing all those fun things made not only me happy, but Eevee pretty happy as well.

That night, we went back to Violet and Ritas house. "So, Logan," Violet spoke as Evelyn hopped onto her lap and laid down. "Did you have fun?" "Of course!" I agreed happily. "I'm sure Eevee did, too! Right, Eevee?" "Vee, eevee!" Eevee confirmed as he happily jumped around.
"So," Violet continued, "after doing all those fun things, have you finally decided what to evolve your Eevee into?" "Yes," I replied. "I think...I think I'm going to evolve him into an Umbreon." The reason I wanted an Umbreon was because, over time, I had really grown to like dark types, just like how Millie liked water types. I remembered being really happy when Torracat had evolved into Incineroar, knowing that Incineroar was a fire and dark type. I also felt a sense of hope and determination when I battled Nanu earlier. At this point, it would only make sense that I evolved Eevee into Umbreon.
"You made a good choice, Logan," Rita told me. "In that case, in order to evolve your Eevee into an Umbreon, it must be night time, and you must have a close friendship with him."
Suddenly, I saw Eevee looking at the moonlight and scratching at the window. "Vee?" Evelyns ears and tail perked up in curiosity. "Maybe you should let Eevee outside," Violet suggested. I walked over and opened the door; Eevee unhurriedly walked outside. Violet, Rita, Evelyn and I followed him outside.
Just then, Eevee rubbed my leg with his fur, then began to glow. He grew taller as his tail grew longer and skinnier. Eevees legs grew longer, and he lost the thick tuft of fur around his neck.
When the glowing stopped, Eevee looked completely different. His fur was black, and there were yellow rings on his head, ears, tail and legs. His eyes had also changed from dark brown to red. I knew right away that my wish had come true, and Eevee evolved into an Umbreon.

Later, I thanked Violet and Rita for helping me, and began to find a hotel to stay in. Now that I had an Umbreon, I was one step closer to bringing Millie home.