Chapter 47: Next stop, the Altar of the Sunne!

I was floating in some white abyss, unable to move. Hello, again, weird dream, I thought.
The same image I had always seen in this dream showed up, along with the image I saw in my dream during the incident at Aether Paradise.
This time, something different happened. As they came closer and closer to me, the images became clearer, until finally, I knew what they were.

The first image was of a weird purple bat pokemon with red eyes.

The second one was strange. It appeared to be the ultra beast I saw during my first visit to Aether Paradise, but there were other odd pokemon with it, too, and they all seemed in a panic.
"Millie..." the same voice from the first two times I had the dream called. "This is...the voice of Lunala. You need...to save us...save the ultra beasts...save Nebby...save me...save Lillie...save Lusamine..."
Just then, the white room turned pitch black, so I knew I was going to wake up from this dream in a few seconds.

"SAVE ALOLA! WE NEED YOU!"

I sat up in my bed, looked around, then looked at my watch. I yawned the last bits of sleep out of me, then stretched and went to get dressed. Now I knew that it was not only Lusamine who needed to be saved, but Lunala and the ultra beasts, as well.

Pretty soon, Yvonne, Lillie and I were in Vast Poni canyon, on our way to the Altar of the Sunne. We were walking in the tall grass, until a weird steel type pokemon shot out of the tall grass. "Skar!"
It actually looked kind of cool, so I decided to send Bubble out and try to catch it. First, though, I got Rotom to scan the pokemon.
"Skarmory," it spoke, "the armor bird pokemon. Skarmorys body is covered in steel armor. It looks heavy, but it can fly at high speeds of up to 185 miles per hour. This one is a female."
"Alright, Bubble, lets do this. Aqua jet!" "Prima!" Bubble swam forward and used the move, which caused Skarmory to get badly hurt. Skarmory then went over and used metal claw on Bubble. Since Skarmory was already low on health, I threw a pokeball at it. "Pokeball, go!"
Tilt.
Tilt.
Tilt.
Click!
I had finally done it. After over two months of training, battling, and working hard, I finally had a full team. Bubble, Spike, Sparky, Racky, Gabe, and...Cobalt. I'm calling my Skarmory Cobalt. I returned Bubble to her pokeball, then happily sent out Cobalt. "Skar!" She cried happily as she nudged my shoulder.

Yvonne, Lillie, Cobalt and I spent the rest of the morning walking through Vast Poni Canyon. The Altar of the Sunne was just up ahead now.
"You should rest, Cobalt," I reminded as I returned her to her pokeball.
Just then, I spotted a sign. "What does the sign say?" Yvonne asked as her and Lillie looked at it curiously. "I'll read it," I offered. The sign was a stone tablet, so the letters looked kind of worn and faded, but I began reading out loud.

"'Ahead lies a sacred ground of trials. None who do not take part in its trials will be allowed to walk upon this earth. Those lacking the courage to defeat the totem guarding this land will be denied entry. But those who believe in their pokemon and walk beside them shall gain great power!'"
"So this is a trial?" Yvonne asked, seeming a bit in a panic. "I thought we already fought the kahuna!" "Well, looks like you guys have to do it," Lillie replied.
I looked around for a trial captain. "Hello-o!" Yvonne called. "We're here to do your trial!" There was no response, though. "I guess there's no trial captain," I predicted. "Yvonne, let's do the trial together. I hope all of your pokemon are healed." "They are," Yvonne confirmed. "Let's do this."

For the trial, we had to defeat two pokemon. Yvonne used her Hakamo-o to defeat a tiny wild Jangmo-o, while I used Cobalt to defeat a wild Hakamo-o. When the two of us returned our pokemon and got to the end of the cave, we were about to walk out of it when I remembered there was probably a totem pokemon somewhere. I looked around, until suddenly I felt the ground begin to shake. Yvonne and I stepped back and heard a huge thud, which also created a huge cloud of dust. When the dust cleared, we saw a huge pokemon with lots of scales on it. This is the final totem pokemon, I realized. The pokemon, Kommo-o, stomped its foot on the ground and let out a huge roar.

"Ko-mo-ko-mo-ko-mo-o!!!!"