Chapter 50: Please, Lusamine!

After a few minutes, which could have been a few hours in the real world, we made it to ultra space. It looked weird and distorted; the sky was a mixture of black and purple, and there were weird crystal structures everywhere.
I began to cough a little bit. "Damn..." Yvonne mumbled. "It sure is hard to breathe here..." "You can say that again," I agreed, and then began to look for Lusamine.
We started walking down a path, searching desperately for any signs of her.
I got a little startled when I was brushed on the shoulder by the same ultra beast I encountered when I went to Aether Paradise for the first time. "Nihi...lego..." it muttered. So its name was Nihilego.
Just then, I heard something. I turned to the left to see Lusamine, another Nihilego, and the very pokemon that had spoken to me nearly every night in my dreams.

Lunala.

Except this Lunala didn't look as mighty and powerful as it did in my dreams. This Lunala was badly hurt, overwhelmed and tired. Behind those three, I saw eight more ultra beasts, who also looked like they were hurt.

Just then, Lusamine turned around and noticed us. "It's you three..." She spoke in a low, angry tone. "What are you doing here in my beautiful world of ultra beasts?" "We're here to save you," Yvonne answered determinedly. "You can't live in ultra space for the rest of your life!" "What if I don't need to be saved?" Lusamine asked. "After all, I belong here; I belong with the ultra beasts. I want to protect them. My own children and their pokemon are ugly and worthless, so I don't need anything to do with them anymore. I did say I wanted Cosmog and Type: Null back a little while ago, but I've finally realized something: Pokemon are only good if they're strong, and neither of those pokemon are strong, so I don't need them anymore."
"What the hell are you talking about?!" I retorted, burning with rage. "You're not making any sense! Just what are you trying to prove?!"
Lusamine turned her head towards me with a tomato red face. "Millie! You hateful child! I'm trying to prove that I don't need Lillie, Cosmog, Gladion, or Type: Null anymore! Why would I need those ugly things when I have my world of strong, beautiful ultra beasts?! That's also why I'm trying to kill Lunala! Why does Lunala need to protect the ultra beasts when I can protect them myself?!" Lusamine then turned to Lillie.
"You!" She shouted. "Take you and your ugly friends out of here! This is MY world, a world where the only thing that exists are the things I love! I don't care if you're my child or not! I don't care if you were loyal to me or not! I don't care if you're the rarest pokemon in the world or not! If you aren't beautiful enough to be worthy of my love, then I don't need you!"
Lillies worried look changed to fury. She stepped forward, kicking her shy, cautious self away. "You are WRONG!!!" Lillie screamed. "I'm so sick of you! Children are not just THINGS that belong to their parents! Pokemon are not just THINGS that a trainer can use to make them do whatever they want to! Millie, Yvonne and I are not THINGS for you to collect! We aren't made for you to dispose of when you're bored of us! You are terrible, mother! You're absolutely TERRIBLE!!!"
"I understand what you're trying to say," Lusamine replied, a twisted smile forming on her face. "Okay, then. Millie."
I looked at her determinedly. "What?" "Battle me," Lusamine requested. "If you win, I'll return to the real world with you, Lillie, and Yvonne. However, if you lose..." she stepped forward. "...I'll make my Nihilego posess you! While you're posessed, you'll have to kill Lunala." I swallowed at the price I'd have to pay if I lost, but accepted the deal and sent out all six of my pokemon. I tried as hard as I could to beat Lusamine...

...but I ended up losing the battle.
All six of my pokemon lay there defeated. "Now, Millie," Lusamine reminded with an evil chuckle. "This was the deal we made. Nihilego! Possess her." I tried to get away, but Lusamine held me down. Lusamines Nihilego rested on my head as I felt myself losing my sanity...