Chapter 54: League arrival

(A/N: Just so you know, after this chapter, the remainder of the book is mostly going to consist of battles, so be prepared XD)

Yvonne and I were standing in front of the Pokemon League now. As I took a deep breath, Yvonnes words repeated in my head.

Don't let a bad past define your future.

Just then, I felt Bubbles pokeball shaking vigorously. She then came out and looked at me with ambition and determination in her eyes.

This was the pokemon I never knew I would catch. Bubble was the reason I had started my island challenge. She had gone from an abused and neglected Popplio to a beautiful, strong Primarina who was ready for anything. My first pokemon, the very beginning of my goal, the pokemon who I had the closest friendship with, was standing here, tall and strong. "Do your best, Bubble," I requested with determination. "We can't lose this."

When we stepped inside, we were greeted by a tall, thin man with brown hair, a suit, a silver top hat, and a pair of sparkly silver shades. "Wwwwwelcome, ladies," He boomed, "to the Alola League! Are you competing?!" "Yeah!" Yvonne shouted. "Are you ready for some INTENSE BATTLES?!" The man practically screamed the last two words. "YEAH!" Yvonne yelled. "GOOD LUCK, THEN, LADIES!" The man screamed in reply. "The rooms you'll be staying in are just down the hall!"

Yvonne and I decided to share a room. When we first opened the door, I gasped and dropped my jaw in disbelief. The room was small, but beautiful. There was a huge glass screen near the two king-sized beds. On the far left corner of the room was a small hot tub, and next to it was a dark green couch. The mini bar was surprisingly big, and there was a doorway in between the mini bar and the couch that lead to the dining room. This thing was a luxury hotel room compared to my small bedroom back at home.
Just as I set my backpack down on the bed, I suddenly heard something on the loudspeaker above the hot tub. I listened closely to what the announcements had to say.

"Good afternoon, fellow trainers!" I recognized the voice as the same guy who yelled and greeted Yvonne and I. "I'm Steve, and I'm your host! Welcome to the Alola Pokemon League, or the APL for short! We hope that while you enjoy your stay here in Mount Lanakila, you also win plenty of battles and become the champion of the Alola region! The battles will be separated into two sides, and whoever wins all the battles on their side gets to battle the person who won on the other side! There are three stadiums, one for whoever's battling on side one, one for whoever's battling on side two, and one for the final championship battle! There will be four battles per side tomorrow, two battles the next day, and one battle the day after that, so stay tuned! The battles will start tomorrow, so come prepared! The announcements will let you know thirty minutes ahead of time when your battle is, so you have time to prepare. Alright, good luck, everyone!"

"I wonder which side we're on?" Yvonne commented. "I'm not sure," I replied. "We'll find out tomorrow, though."

I had to admit, I did start to get a little more nervous about battling.