Chapter 26: Malie city

(Geez, it's been almost a month since I updated this! Sorry about that XD)

I was in Heahea city, walking to the boat port; I was about to take a boat to Ula'ula island. All of my pokemon were out of their pokeballs, since I thought they needed some fresh air.
Just then, I looked at Spike, who hung his head in sadness as he walked. "What's wrong, Spike?" I asked. He looked up at me with sadness in his eyes, then looked at the other three pokemon. I think he's sad because he's the only one who hasn't evolved yet, I predicted. "Cheer up, buddy," I encouraged. "You'll evolve someday. I know it."

By sunset, we had made it to a city in Ula'ula island. "Okay, guys, back into your pokeballs for now." As I returned my pokemon, I remembered reading a book about Alola when I was around six years old. I was looking at a picture of this city, which Mom told me was called Malie city.
Just then, I saw two Team Skull grunts at a library. I took a closer look and saw that Lillie was there, too. Angrily, I ran up to the grunts to give them a piece of my mind. "Stop it!" I shouted. The two grunts turned around and looked at me. One of the grunts was a girl with pink hair, and the other one was a boy. "Yo, you're that Akala kid," the boy grunt stated. "She's also the other kid we're looking for," the girl grunt added as her and the other grunt each pulled out a pokeball. "Now, lets settle this."

I had won that battle, causing the grunts run away in fear. After watching them disappear into the distance, I turned around and looked at Lillie. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Y-yes..." she replied, "I'm okay. What...did they mean by 'other kid?'" "I'm not sure," I replied as I shook my head. Just then, I looked up and noticed a poster with a picture of me, causing me to gasp. "Hang on," I muttered as I went to take a closer look at the poster.

MISSING: Millie Cynthia Chideson
LAST SEEN: Near Hau'oli city on Melemele island, a month and a half ago. She had a female Popplio with her.
APPEARANCE: Long blonde hair, brown eyes, a pink striped sleeveless shirt, ripped jeans and a black snapback hat.
IF FOUND, PLEASE RETURN MILLIE TO MELEMELE ISLAND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I didn't know how to react. I stood there speechless, feeling a mixture of surprise, sadness, fear and anger. "Millie...there's also something at the bottom of the poster..." Lillie reminded. I looked.

ALSO WANTED BY TEAM SKULL AND THE AETHER FOUNDATION.

Team Skull didn't surprise me, but the Aether Foundation?! I thought those people were good! I ripped the poster off, then scrunched it into a paper ball and threw it into a nearby recycling bin. "I need to change my appearance," I told Lillie. "I...think that's a good idea," Lillie muttered. "C-could I come with you?" "Okay," I agreed, "but first, I have to do something."
I went to the edge of a dock and took off my cap. I then pulled some scissors out of my backpack, took my hair out of its long ponytail, and began to cut it. As I snipped away, I saw strands of my hair falling into the water.
It didn't take very long to cut the rest of my hair, and by the time I was done, it was shoulder-length instead of its original middle-of-my-back-length. It looked really bad, but I planned to go to a hair salon to get it fixed up. I then took Lillie with me to a clothing store.

Pretty soon, we were done shopping. Well, almost. I was still outside, waiting for Lillie to hurry up since she decided to buy some clothes, as well. I didn't buy much; I only bought a gray-striped version of my current shirt, some navy blue damaged shorts, and some new shoes.
Just then, Lillie stepped out of the store. "You done?" I asked, then watched as she gave a small nod. "Good, then lets go to the hair salon next."

By the time we were done, my hair looked a lot better. I had also asked for the ends of my hair to be dyed blue.
Lillie and I then went into a pokemon center so I could change into my new clothes; Lillie didn't want to try on hers yet.
When I was finished changing, I looked at myself in the mirror. I look amazing, I thought. I was glad I bought those clothes, because I felt like I was more grown up and determined. I determinedly put my zygarde cap on, then smiled with pride and determination. "Millie...are you coming?" I heard Lillie ask. "Yep, I'll be right there," I reminded.

With my new look, I felt ready for anything.