Chapter 38: The Light of Alola

I walked into the large library. I didn't see Lillie anywhere, though, so I began to look around for her.
Pretty soon, I found her in the back reading a book about the guardian deities. Just then, Lillie looked up. "Oh, hi there, Millie," she greeted. "Hey," I replied, then began to read the information and look at the pictures of the guardian deities.

Tapu Koko is an electric and fairy type, and it is the guardian deity of Melemele Island. It tends to be fickle and curious, sometimes coming to play or battle with people who seem intresting. Tapu Koko is assosciated with the Ruins of Conflict.

Tapu Lele is a psychic and fairy type, and it is the guardian deity of Akala Island. It sometimes scatters glowing scales over the ground that, when touched, will stimulate and heal that persons body. However, these scales are dangerous when one touches too many at once. Tapu Lele is assosciated with the Ruins of Life.

Tapu Bulu is a grass and fairy type, and it is the guardian deity of Ula'ula island. It has the ability to make plants grow and change shape to its will. Tapu Bulu is assosciated with the Ruins of Abundance.

Tapu Fini is a water and fairy type, and it is the guardian deity of Poni island. It is usually selfish, but willing to help someone if they prove themselves worthy. Tapu Fini is assosciated with the Ruins of Hope.

"So about that thing I needed you for," Lillie started, getting me back into focus. "I'm trying to find a book called 'The Light of Alola'." "I can help you find it," I offered. "What do you need it for, though?" "It might help us save mo-I mean Lusamine," Lillie replied, then corrected herself. "Alright," I agreed, "then lets find it."

After about twenty minutes, I found the book on the second floor. The two of us found a table to sit at, and then I opened the book and began reading.

The empty sky broke asunder,
A hole appearing where there had been none.
A single beast appeared from in it:
It was called the beast that devours the sun.

The king of Alola bowed before it:
The beast that shone so like the sun.
The island guardians fought against it,
But in the end the beast had won.

Then did the beast that devours the sun
Shine its light on the line of kings.
Then did the beast that had won
Bring natures gift to bless all things.

Beast of sun and beast of moon.
Through their union, they brought new life.
A fragile heir in Alola born
That island guardians would keep from strife.

The ancient kings sang their thanks
For Solgaleo with song of flute.
Two tones rang out across the altar-
A perfect pair, even after mute.

"So then..." I mumbled. "To save Lusamine, we need to go to the Altar of the Sunne and summon the legendary pokemon?" "I'm not sure," Lillie replied. "After you finish everything you need to do on Poni island, we could try." "Okay," I agreed. "In that case, we could go to Poni island right now, if you're ready." "Okay," Lillie agreed, "then lets go."

Before I knew it, we were on a boat on our way to Poni island. We had also met up with Yvonne, so she was coming to Poni island, too.
As us three girls talked, giggled, and ate malasadas, I realized something.

My island challenge was nearly finished.