Chapter 42: The final kahuna, part one

(Sorry I haven't updated for a little while, writers block was being a pain in the arse ;-;)

"Okay, Dugtrio, I choose you!" "Gabe, lets go!" What came out of Hapus pokeball was a mole pokemon with three heads. Each head had thick, blonde hair and a huge pink nose. I remembered doing a project in school about pokemon and their Alolan forms when I was nine, so I knew this Dugtrio was Alolan.
I observed the environment I was battling in. Alolan Dugtrio is a ground and steel type... I thought, then looked at the water. We're battling on some docks. So then, if I can get Gabe to knock Dugtrio into the water with his moves...I can beat Dugtrio!
"Okay, Dugtrio, lets do this. Begin with iron head!" "Gabe, dragon claw!" As one of Gabes claws began to glow, so did Dugtrios hair. Gabe ran forward and used the move, but at the same time, he got hit in the gut from iron head. I watched as my pokemon spat some blood and saliva out, then fell. He shook it off, though, and got back up. "Now, dual chop!" "Dugtrio, use sucker punch!" Gabe dodged sucker punch, and then used his move, which almost knocked Dugtrio into the water.
"Okay, good! Now use dragon rage!" C'mon...I prayed as I watched Gabe begin to use the move. Just a little further...
"Dugtrio, earthquake!" Suddenly, the ground began to shake, and water splashed everywhere. Gabe seemed to understand my plan, though, so he fired a huge dragon rage. Finally, he had knocked Dugtrio underwater with a huge splash.
A moment later, Dugtrio floated back up, defeated.
"Not bad," Hapu remarked as she returned Dugtrio, "but can ya handle my next one? Gastrodon, lets go!" What came out of Hapus pokeball was a fairly large, three-eyed slug pokemon that was blue and green. That has to be a ground and poison type, I observed. "Gastrodon, lets start it off with mud bomb!" "Gabe, dragon claw!" Gastrodon fired a mud bomb, and despite the fact that Gabe cut it in half with dragon claw, he still got hurt. He used the move on gastrodon, then backed up a little. "Now, Gastrodon, muddy water!" "Dragon rage! Knock Gastrodon into the water!" Gabe used the move, knocking Gastrodon into the water. He then roared in victory, since Gastrodon was now defeated...
...or so I thought.
To my surprise, a huge wave of mud came out from the water, with Gastrodon riding on top of it. The wave landed on Gabe, and when it went away, I saw Gabe lying near my right foot, defeated. Geez... I thought as I returned Gabe, then got prepared to send out Spike. Hapu sure isn't fooling around here...
"Spike, I choose you!" "Toxa!"
Hapu looked at my pokemon. "A Toxapex, huh? Lets see how he'll deal with ol' Gastrodon. Now, Gastrodon, mud bomb!" "Quick, Spike, use poison jab!" Spike used the move, but he got hit by mud bomb. When I saw Gastrodon again, it began throwing up. How can a poison type get poisoned...? I wondered, until I suddenly realized something: Gastrodon wasn't a poison type. So that's why it didn't faint when Gabe knocked it in the water!
"Ok, Spike, good job. Venoshock!" "Gastrodon, dodge it and use mud bomb again!" After Gastrodon fired a mud bomb, Spike belched out a bunch of purple blobs. Gastrodon tried to dodge, but it was too late. It got hit, then succumbed to its poison and fainted. "You're not half bad, Millie," Hapu complimented. "I have two more pokemon left, though. Good job, Gastrodon. Return." As Hapu returned Gastrodon, I decided to return Spike, as well.
"Now, Flygon, I choose you!" "Racky, lets go!" When Flygon came out of its pokeball, I looked at it with awe. Now that, I thought, is a cool-looking pokemon.

Racky stepped back, a little scared of Flygon, but spread her legs apart into a battle stance.