Chapter 36: Big bad Guzma

(A/N: Just so you know, updates will be a bit slow right now because I have mid terms coming up. Unfortunately, I have to study for them -_-)

Sitting in front of me was Guzma, one of the people Lusamine introduced me to during the incident at Aether Paradise. He had messy white hair, along with a pair of golden sunglasses on his head. There was a black, short-sleeved vest over his white t-shirt, along with a Team Skull locket around his neck. On his left arm, he had a purple Team Skull tattoo, and on his wrist a golden watch.
"I remember you," he remarked as he widened his eyes a little. "You were the one who tried to save that Cosmog, Nebby. You're also doing the island challenge, right?" "Yes..." I answered. "Why?" "That island challenge is stupid," Guzma remarked. "I gave up on it a long time ago. Thugs who give up on the island challenge usually join Team Skull. You should give up on your island challenge and go home. Bet your Mom's worried about you." I was a bit surprised that Guzma did the island challenge.
"Don't worry about me. How far did you get?" I asked. Now I was really curious. "I don't remember," he replied, "but even if I did, I wouldn't tell you. Enough of that though; lets have a battle. If you win, Team Skull will leave. If you lose, we'll stay, and you have to do what Lusamine wanted you to do." I paused for a moment. I wasn't sure what Lusamine wanted me to do, but I accepted the deal.
"Yo, Ariados, lets go!" "You too, Racky!" Spike, who was still out of his pokeball, was surprised that I used Racky instead of him. The reason I used Racky, though, was because I hadn't battled with her for a while. "Racky, let's do this. Use bubble beam!" "Ariados, use sucker punch!" Ariados lifted up its front left leg, then slammed it into Racky, who slid back and used bubble beam. "Now, Racky, crunch!" "Quick, Ariados, infestation!" The two pokemon collided and used their attacks. Although Racky did get trapped in an infestation, her attack was effective enough to make Ariados faint. Guzma quickly returned the pokemon, then sent out another one. "Golisopod, go!"
I took one good look at Rackys next opponent and shuddered with disgust. Its skin looked sort of slimy and wet. I'm glad I don't have to touch that thing, I thought as I took Rotom out of my backpack to get the strange pokemon scanned.
"Golisopod," Rotom spoke, "the hard scale pokemon. The shell covering its body is harder than diamond. It battles skillfully with its six arms, but mostly likes to spend its time quietly meditating in caves deep beneath the ocean." "Huh," I commented, "seems easy. Racky, use crunch again!" "Yo, Golisopod! First impression!"

When the battle was over, I looked down at all five of my pokemon, who were badly defeated. Bubble was in the front, because she was the last pokemon I used before I was out. I was extremely surprised, and a little scared about my loss. I hadn't lost a battle since fighting Logan, who was probably glad I left him, Brandon and Mike in peace at school. Golisopod had wiped the floor with my pokemon; it knocked out everyone but Bubble in one hit. Even Sparky, who had the type advantage, didn't stand a chance against Golisopod.
"I'm not finished with you yet," Guzma reminded. "Golisopod, razor shell, yo!" At that moment, Guzma and Golisopod ran forward and started to hit and punch Bubble. Remembering when she was attacked by Logan and his friends when she was a Popplio, I furiously shoved Golisopod away and tackled Guzma.
Just then, I saw a person come in through the door. Thinking it was another Team Skull grunt, I lashed out at them. "Get out of here, you numbskull!" I spat.
The person turned out to be a police officer. He looked around forty or fifty, since his hair was gray. His uniform consisted of a black, short-sleeved jacket, which opened up to reveal a burgundy shirt, and some black pants. His posture was a bit slumped, and his crimson eyes looked dull and tired.
"I'm Nanu," he introduced. "Mr. Guzma, you and Team Skull are going to have to leave Po town." Nanu then turned his head and looked at me. "As for you, ma'am, try to keep your anger in check next time." "Sorry, sir," I apologized as I saw Guzma leave with the other Team Skull grunts.

When they were gone, Nanu looked at my five pokemon. "Your team probably needs healing," he reminded. "You should return them to their pokeballs. Do you want me to take you to Malie city so you can heal them?" "Please," I agreed as I returned my tired pokemon.

When we finally got to Malie city, I asked Nanu where the kahuna was, so I could battle him or her the next day. "Well," Nanu chuckled a little, "you happen to be looking right at him." My eyes widened with shock. "S-seriously?" I asked. "Yep," Nanu replied with a small but determined smile. "Do you want to battle me?" "Of course!" "Alright, then. I specialize in dark types." "Got it." "Okay. Now, if you want to battle me, get some rest first. Tomorrow morning, meet me at the boat port."