Chapter 23: Evolution struggles

(WARNING: Long chapter! XD)

YVONNES POV

"Okay, Rockruff," I ordered. "Use rock throw!" "Sableye, try to dodge it!" It was about 10:00 at night, and I was battling with a girl named Brianna; she had a Sableye that was surprisingly strong. Strong enough to knock out Dartrix, Pyukumuku and Pikachu. Right now, Rockruff was my only hope.
Rockruff summoned a bunch of rocks, which began to spiral around his tail. Then, he threw them at Sableye, who dodged them nimbly. Sableye's pretty fast, I observed.
Before Brianna could order a move for her pokemon, Rockruff began to glow. I knew what was happening, remembering when Dartrix and Pikachu evolved from a Rowlet and a Pichu. Rockruff stood up on his hind legs as he became taller and his front legs turned into arms. His muzzle and arms also grew longer.
When the glowing stopped, my pokemon let out a loud roar. "LYCANROOOCCCCC!!!!" So Rockruff was now a Lycanroc. A lot of his fur was now crimson red, with a couple of white spots. A white mane covered his shoulders and the back of his neck. I also noticed that his eyes were pink now, which I found a bit creepy.
I found it kind of strange that Lycanroc roared, considering how quiet and shy he was as a Rockruff. "Awesome!" Brianna praised. "That's Lycanrocs midnight form. Now, Sableye, fury swipes!" "Dodge it and use rock tomb!" Lycanroc dodged, but for some reason he ran away after that instead of attacking. "Hey, Rockr- uh, I mean Lycanroc, wait!" I called as I chased after him, with Brianna and Sableye following me. "Lycanroc!"

As soon as I caught up to Lycanroc in a large thicket, he turned around and looked at me, his eyes glowing red. "C'mon, Lycanroc," I encouraged, "the battle isn't-" "ROC!!!!" Lycanroc interrupted me by using rock throw on me. "Yvonne! Are you okay?!" Brianna asked worriedly. "I'm fine," I answered with a tiny bit of attitude, ignoring the pain. "Lycanroc, what has gotten into you?" "Lycan!" Lycanroc used rock throw on me again, and this time the rocks were bigger. "Lycanroc, stop!" I screeched. But my feral pokemon began to use rock tomb. He summoned a huge, glowing rock, then threw it at me. As the rock was in the air, it broke, and a couple of chunks hit me before I blacked out.

Later, I opened my eyes in the pokemon center to see Nurse Joy, Brianna and Sableye looking down at me.
I sat up, rubbing my aching head. There were adhesive bandages all over my arms and legs, and one on my cheek.
Nurse Joys mouth stretched into a small smile. "Yvonne! You've only been out for a few minutes, but thank goodness you're okay!"
I looked around weakly. "What...happened?" "Your Lycanroc used rock tomb," Brianna answered, her brown eyes filled with concern. "One of the rock chunks hit your head and knocked you unconcious."
I stood up and saw that my other three pokemon were looking at me, concerned. "Midnight Lycanroc tend to be ambitious," Nurse Joy explained. "They can act violent, and they attack with no concerns about injury. I think that's why your Lycanroc isn't obeying you."
"Regardless," I stated, "we need to find him." "Yvonne, have you gone mad?" Brianna objected, causing me to look at her with anger and surprise. "That pokemon nearly gave you a concussion! Do you want to end up in the pokemon center again? If I were you, I would just release Lycanroc and forget about him!" "Have YOU gone mad?" I retorted. "I don't care if I got knocked out! Lycanroc is my pokemon, and as his trainer, I'm going to do everything I can to make him come back!" I then put everyone but Dartrix back in their pokeballs, then got up and began to run to the door. "Sabe, sableye!" I heard Briannas Sableye dashing behind me. "Hey, Sableye, wait for me!" Brianna called.

We were now in the forest where Lycanroc ran away.
I sent out Pikachu, then started giving everyone instructions. "Dartrix, fly east and see if you can spot Lycanroc in the air. Come back here if you found anything." "Dar, dartrix!" As Dartrix flew off, obeying my orders, I turned to Pikachu. "Pikachu, you head south. If a pokemon tries to stop you, battle it." As Pikachu ran off, I looked at Brianna and Sableye. "Brianna and Sableye, you head west. I'll go north. Come back here if you two find something." "Got it," Brianna agreed as she tightened her curly, caramel-blonde ponytail. We both went our directions.

It had been a little while, but I still couldn't find any sign of Lycanroc. Frustrated and worried, I shed a single tear. What if my pokemon was gone for good? As I ran back to where we had planned to meet, a flashback of me catching Lycanroc as a Rockruff raced through my mind.

When I got to the meeting place, I saw that everyone but Dartrix was there. "Did you guys find anything?" I asked.
"No," Brianna denied. "Pika," Pikachu shook his head.
Just then, brown and white feathers came scattering everywhere as I saw Dartrix land next to my feet. "Dart!" He cried, seeming somewhat in a panic. "Trix, dartrix dar dartrix! Dartrix dartrix dar!" "He found Lycanroc!" I boomed in realization. "Dartrix, show us where you saw him!"

We finally made it to where Dartrix found Lycanroc. When I looked, my heart nearly skipped a beat when I saw Lycanroc fighting a group of mankey, some wild tauros and a huge primeape; and losing badly. "Lycanroc, stop!" I yelled. "Pikachu, use brick break to try and separate them!" Pikachu started to use the move, until Lycanroc spotted him, batted him away, then continued fighting.
I jumped into the fight and shielded Lycanroc, letting myself get hurt instead of him. The pain was so intense that I started to cry a little, but I was doing this for Lycanroc, who tried to escape.
"Lycanroc..." I muttered, "if you're listening...I promise with my life that I'll do all I can to make you stronger. But...why do you have to disobey me? Right now...by fighting these mankey, tauros and primeape, you're letting your ambitions go too far. I only want to protect you. At the very least..."-I then started to weep, my tears dripping onto the grass-"...don't push yourself next time. Now...if you can...use rock tomb on the Primeape."
Lycanroc got up, knocking me away. Then, to my surprise and happiness, he obeyed, managing to scare away the group of pokemon. Lycanroc then ran up to me happily and fainted on my shoulder. I giggled a little, put him in his pokeball, then began to walk back to the pokemon center with Brianna, Sableye, Dartrix and Pikachu.

The next day, I challenged Brianna to a battle. "You want to battle?" She asked. "Okay. Sableye, you ready?" "Sabe!" I pulled out Lycanrocs pokeball, then threw it in the air. "Lycanroc, I choose you!"

Lycanroc and I were going to win this for sure now.