IV. First Blood

Song: Warriors by Imagine Dragons

Fianna

It was Lady Catelyn who ventured inside the Twins to speak with Lord Frey, much to Robb and the other Lord's dismay.

She had been gone for some time, and to distract himself from worrying, Robb called a meeting in her absence to further discuss their strategy.

This time, Fianna did not sit as far from him as she could possibly get. He practically forced her to sit at his side, and if the other Lords noticed - they dared not to say anything.

Ever since Fianna's attack, everyone had looked at her in a new light. Whether that was good, or not, varied on the person. Some men feared her, whispered in the night that she was insane. That she was a cold blooded killer. They spoke of the attacker's wounds and claimed it looked as if her wolfhound had killed him, not her.

Some looked at her with distrust, believing a vile rumour that spread across the camp that she had been in a tumultuous affair with the man and when he told her he wanted to stop seeing her to preserve their honour, she killed him in a fit of rage.

Yet there was a fraction who looked at her in a way she never imagined she'd be looked upon in this war. With respect.  

Robb had been coddling her, which she absolutely detested. He acted as if she had been fully assaulted, like she was a little bird who had broken her wings and he was nursing her back to health. His gentle manner towards her drove her mad and made her uncomfortable. She wasn't a victim. She refused to be treated as one.

Yet she couldn't deny that she enjoyed his company more by each passing hour. Fianna hadn't realised just how lonely she was, with only a dog for company, until Robb and her formed an acquaintance. He brought her out of her shell, and the two laughed and shared stories and teased each other as often as they could. They rode along side each other when they marched and ate their food together.

Whispers has been rife, with many placing bets that the Lord of Winterfell would offer the Lady of Baelfort his hand in marriage. But Fianna wasn't concerned with that. She was just content that she felt less like a fish out of water, or a Bua away from Baelfort.

"Jaime's camp consists of 12,000 men, spread out over three camps across Riverrun." Robb had been explaining, shifting three lion pawns until they stood on the map at the position of each camp.

"The dispersion will make them easier to attack. We would struggle against his entire host, especially with the men we would be losing who are marching on Tywin," Fianna mused, her forefinger and thumb pinching her lower lip.

Every head in the tent looked up at the sight of Lady Catelyn finally having returned, she had spent the better part of a day discussing with Lord Frey and the sun was beginning to set, a red fiery hue painted the sky.