VIII. Caution to the (Grey) Wind

Song: Take Me Home by Jess Glynne

Fianna

The clack of her boots sounded out across the dead hallway as she made her way through the prison cells beneath Baelfort. It wasn't a place she had visited often throughout her life.

She had awoken early that morning, to prepare herself and her host for the long ride to Robb's camp. Fianna knew that Robb was headed for Stafford Lannister's camp and didn't want to miss out on that fight.

When she reached the cell that occupied the prisoner, the only one she left alive when Fianna Bua came back to reclaim Baelfort, she unsheathed her sword and started to bang the metal against the bars of the cell to wake the prisoner up. The noise was ear-splitting.

Yara Greyjoy awoke instantly, her hands reaching up to cover her ears from the high shrills. She looked up and frowned instantly at the sight of the Bua lady.

"Well, well, have you come to gloat?" Yara drawled uncaringly, standing up from her seated position, slowly due to her injuries, and hobbling over to face Fianna.

"Gloat? Why would I need to gloat? The very presence of you, here imprisoned in a cell is more than satisfactory," Fianna told her with a small smirk. Her smirk fell slightly, ready to discuss the matter at hand. "Why did you do it?"

Yara let out a laugh, and looked the girl up and down, "do you really expect me to tell you that?"

Fianna reached her hand and gripped the collar of the girl's shirt, tugging her forward roughly and knocking her face against the bar of the cell. Yara cried out in pain, her hands shooting up to cover her mouth which was now pouring with blood. Fianna was sure she could see her front tooth broken.

"And they call you Northmen honourable-" she spat at Fianna's feet, to which the girl paid no heed.

"No, they call the Starks honourable. And I am not a Stark. If I had it my way, I'd break every bone in your body until you told me why you felt you had the audacity to take my home," she threatened through the bars, her teeth baring.

"Maybe not honourable, but definitely stupid," she grinned a bloody smile. To which Fianna broke into laughter at, Yara's smile began to fall in confusion at Fianna's humour.

"You actually think you're in a position to insult me?" Fianna laughed even harder. "You are in a cell, your men are dead and today you will be sent to Winterfell and dealt with accordingly. You held my castle for mere days and think you are the smart one?"

Fianna turned around, her laughter echoing down the hallway as she strolled away from Yara.

Yara was not put off by Fianna's jests, but. She knew that her father would get her out of this situation, and if she were headed for Winterfell to be imprisoned there, perhaps she would even be freed.