XIX. Crown for a Queen

Song: Duck Shoot by Rupert Gregson-Williams

Fianna

The doors creaked as they opened to the great hall, revealing Fianna to all those who were stood waiting.

It was rather ironic, that Robb was named King in the North at Riverrun and here he was naming his Queen in the North, at Riverrun.

There was no coronation ceremony for him, the Lords and two Ladies declaration was enough.

He was waiting at the top, the crown he rarely wore atop his head. He had told her he didn't like to wear it often, didn't like the weight of it on his head or the weight of its burden.

They all turned to her as she began to walk towards Robb, slowly, and dressed in a gorgeous gown of white with real red roses decorating it at the hip. A dress that many would argue she should have worn on her wedding day, which was all but yesterday. But the white and red was a symbol, the Bua sigil was a red paw print on a white background.

Her cheeks reddened when her and Robb made eye contact, the events of the morning spilling back to her.

They were blissfully enjoying their first morning as husband and wife, continuing on from the night before. That was until a poor handmaid had entered the chambers, expecting them to be dressed and done with frolicking already. She had ended up leaving immediately with a flushed neck and a squeal to the sound of Robb's bellowing laughter in the background and Fianna slapping his bare chest.

Although her wedding was amazing and the wedding night better than a maiden could ever even hope, her dreams were plagued with scenarios. Dreams of the North rejecting her as their queen, but most graphically was the night terror she experienced where she came across the bodies of everyone she had loved at her feet. And although no words were spoke, in the dream she was overcome with a guilt like no other. Like it was her fault.

At the top of the mound of bodies lay Robb, his crystal blue eyes open and staring blankly because he wasn't Robb  any more. Even more frighteningly, there was a small babe in his arms, who too had been slain viciously.

But those were night terrors she told herself, and if ever a time came when she and Robb had a child, she would fight until her last breath to save them.

It was only when she reached the top of the room that she noticed the object he was holding in his hands, her eyes widened realising it was a crown. It was to be her crown.

She couldn't inspect it properly while standing there, but a rush of excitement filled her. Surprisingly, Fianna was reluctant about becoming Queen. She had seen firsthand the stress Robb had undertaken in protecting all of the North, and she had known stress herself of commanding her own army. Now she was to command an entire kingdom.