XXIV. Arry, Again Part 1

Song: With or Without You by U2 (one last cheesy Fianna/Robb song?)

Fianna

Eerily, as the Twins loomed in their sight with Grey Wind and Chroi trotting ahead of the party, Chroi let out a lone howl into the cool air. It sent chills down Fianna's spine, and made her grip the reigns of her horse tighter.

They would only have to suffer through this ordeal for a few short days, she told herself over and over. Then they would make their move, with the Frey army at their back.

Robb looked over and smiled encouragingly at her as the gates were being rolled down to allow them entrance, they waited patiently. But Fianna was far from patient at that moment, only being able to force a half smile in response at Robb.

"Remember," Catelyn murmured to them, her horse coming up alongside of Robb's, "eat and drink when you get inside before discussing anything. The guest right will be invoked, and he cannot harm us."

Fianna and Robb nodded in agreement, fully intending to be under the guest right's protection before any wedding were to be held.

As they entered the stronghold, they dismounted their horses and walked slowly, close together, towards the great hall where they were being led.

Fianna felt itchy - eyes were fixed on the young King and Queen from all over the castle and were full of judgement and resentment.

They were led to the great hall, and the second Fianna laid eyes on the old Walder Frey, she was sure he would be the subject of a future nightmare. There wasn't a hint of kindness in his aged face, his expression didn't change when they entered nor did he greet them.

Fianna stood close to Robb, feeling entirely uncomfortable when she noticed the eyes of Walder Frey's sons, who were standing to the side, all fixed on her.

A servant approached them with a plate of bread and salt, the plate was then passed around to each of the guests - sealing them under the protection of the guest right.

"They wouldn't poison the salt, would they?" She whispered to Edmure under her breath, he only looked back to her with a dull expression showing he wouldn't be surprised if they did.

"You said that after I ate it on purpose didn't you?" Arya hissed under her breath at Fianna, only stopping because Catelyn shot her a deadly look.

"My honoured guests," Walder spoke finally as Fianna, albeit with some hesitation, dipped the bread in salt and popped it in her mouth, "be welcome within my walls and at my table."