XXXIX. Blood of My Blood

Song: Mars by Sleeping at Last (a Robb/Fianna song if ever I heard one)

Fianna

"So here's the situation," Fianna Stark began, an authoritative tone to her voice that Tiernan only recognised at these dreaded meetings. "I have two weeks to surrender myself to the Bolton's, or else they'll kill Sansa Stark."

"How can we be sure they have Lady Sansa at all?" Wyman Manderly sounded out, equal looks of worry and anger on each and every one of their faces.

"They showed her to me, it's her. I know it."

"What happens if you surrender?" Lord Dustin dared to ask, earning glares from others in the room for even suggesting it.

"If I surrender, I'll be giving up the crown and wedded off to Ramsay Bolton. He'll be the regent for Eddie, who will be Lord of Winterfell some day, or he'll be the King Regent if he rebels against the Lannisters and keeps the Stark throne. The entire rebellion will be lost, but Sansa Stark will be safe," Fianna sighed towards the end, lowering herself to sit down in a chair.

"I say we let the girl die, one life over the entire North? There's no question about it!"

Lord Cerwyn's response received mixed replies, ranging from bellows of fury to shouts of agreement.

"How dare you even suggest that, Medger?" Fianna hissed in anger, "this entire rebellion was built on Robb marching to save his father and sisters. If we let Sansa die, and that's assuming they don't torture her or worse, then we have forgotten everything that we stand for. Every Northern life matters and especially Ned Stark's daughter, you'd do well to remember that."

Her words were enough to silence him, and even embarrass him judging by the red tint to his cheeks.

"It's too early to march on Winterfell, the men and women you enlisted are still in training, they'll never be able to take on the Bolton army at this level," Tiernan offered, having gained first hand knowledge after being one of the people assigned to train the newbies.

Training was divided between a multitude of people. After it was made known that Fianna was allowing anyone loyal, be they servant or knight, man or woman, to fight, there was a flurry of people answering the call. All signing up to fight for the North and for Queen Fianna.

Training was carried out primarily by the senior knights at Baelfort, Tiernan and even Osha - who assisted in helping with archery and hand-to-hand combat skills. Fianna, when she had the time, would also visit the training grounds to offer assistance where she could.