LXIII. God of Death

SONG: Wake Your Soul by The Hope Arsenal

Aifric

"IT'S ONLY FOR A MONTH OR SO, DARLING," Fianna's voice was tight as she wiped the tears from Eddie's cheeks, sniffing as she felt sobs brewing within herself as well. It wasn't the first time she was forced to say goodbye to the twins, but it was surely the hardest. The older they got, the more aware they became and the more they remembered the feeling of not having their parents around to tuck them in at night and kiss their foreheads.

While Eddard reacted rather emotionally to the revelation of their upcoming departure, Aifric was more stoic - perpetually the angrier of the two. Robb had tried desperately to take her into his arms and embrace her before leaving, and every time she had smacked away his hands. Her lower lip shook the more he attempted it, a telltale sign of incoming tears that would rival her brothers.

"Aifric, please," he pleaded, dropping his hands uselessly by his sides and meeting Fianna's gaze over Eddie's burnt auburn hair.

"You always leave!" She shouted suddenly, her outburst finally reaching the surface and causing her to storm away through the courtyard with footsteps heavy enough to smack the mud. Robb stood up straight with a sigh, shivering uncomfortably at the damp sensation of snow sweeping through the knees of his breeches. Fondly, he rubbed the head of his crying son with the promise that he would be back in a moment, nodding towards his wife before jetting off to find the final family member - his daughter.

It wasn't hard to find Aifric's trek, the route she had decided to stomp through had left a number of bystanders looking incredulously at the manner in which the King's daughter had walked past. He had hoped beyond hope he'd catch up to her before she ended up hurting herself on some of the stray stones and equipment lying around that was being used to reconstruct Winterfell's walls. The tantrum had reminded him so much of Sansa in her early years, it was uncanny.

Further ahead, the miniature redhead was too busy glancing over her shoulder for her father following that she didn't realise she was about to walk into someone. The sudden impact of meeting someone's legs sent her backward onto her bottom, scraping her hands and soaking the backside of her blue dress that Sansa had only just sewed for her.

"Oh!" A feminine voice called out, Aifric's stare glancing up from her reddening hands to see a towering blonde above her. Despite her warm and concerned expression, the Stark daughter scrambled back out of fear. She may have only been nearing the age of five, but she was quickly able to pick up that many of those surrounding her feared the white-haired woman who had brought massive winged beasts to her home.

"It's okay!" Daenerys soothed in a calming voice, crouching down to her level and giving the girl a glance over. "Are you alright, my lady?"

Her words caused the girl to pause in her manoeuvres, sapphire eyes narrowing in suspicion as a hand was suddenly extended to help her. Daenerys slowly slid her hands underneath Aifric's armpits, gently lifting her onto her feet as if she were as fragile as paper, all in an effort to not frighten her further.