XLIII. White Wedding

Song: Vengeance by Zach Hemsey

Fianna

Fianna Stark, along with her party, waited with bated breath as she knocked on the metal door uncovered in the exact spot she had been informed it would be at.

The door was buried underneath layers of leaves and dirt, and was only found by an identifiable marked tree aside it.

Eventually, the door beneath her opened up, revealing a set of stone steps beneath and a guard who looked relieved to see her.

"Thank the gods it's you, your grace," he breathed out, "we've heard rumours that Jaime Lannister is leading an army towards here."

Fianna placed her hand on his shoulder, half for comfort and half for support so she could climb down into the underground passage.

"How did Hoster even manage to get this constructed?" She asked curiously, gesturing behind her for the party to follow. She could hear the echo of dripping water nearby, likely the area of the passage that was directly beneath the river.

"He wanted an easy escape for his children, should the Targaryens have laid siege to Riverrun," the guard explained, lifting his torch into the air and guiding them along the hallway, hundreds flooding in along with them.

"Oh the irony."

She looked behind her to see Paulina and Tiernan, each carrying one of her twins, and Rickon bumbling along behind. Aifric was napping soundly against her wet nurse's shoulder, so Fianna held her hands out for Eddie - who had grown antsy in his cousin's hold.

"I don't think I've ever met Uncle Brynden," Rickon brought up suddenly.

"Well, you're about to," Fianna smiled encouragingly down to the boy, who was more of a teenager now than a child. "You better be on your best behaviour.

"I'm not a baby," he moaned, much like a baby would, Fianna thought.

"Are you going to look after your niece and nephew?" Fianna asked, watching as his face lit up.

"Yes! Osha and Tiernan have trained me well. I can protect them!"

Fianna reached out and wrapped an arm around his shoulder casually as they walked, giving his arm a slight squeeze as a gesture of thanks.

They walked through the passage in silence until they reached another door, the tunnel was incredibly claustraphobic - Fianna was almost sure the river was due to cave in at any moment.