III. The She Wolf

Warning: Triggering content ahead

Song: The Way by Zach Hemsey

Fianna had been sound asleep, finally catching up on the hours of sleep she lost when they were riding.

Her slumber didn't last long, of course, when the dark figure entered her tent.

He had slit the ties that enclosed the flaps to her tent by shimmying his dagger up from the bottom and cutting through them, sawing at it with his blade.

The man had seen her hound shoot towards the woods minutes before, probably for a hunt. He knew this was his only chance to catch her without the dog's protection - while she was asleep and without her armour she would be particularly vulnerable.

She lay there peacefully, her long, dark hair fanned out behind her and a hand resting over her stomach.

He almost licked his lips at the sight of her. He had heard stories of her beauty throughout the camp, but finding her was like a needle in a haystack. The sheer size of the camp meant it was hard to find anyone, let alone a Lady who rode with the Lords.

He was a simple foot soldier, who had no business being any where close to where she was positioned.

Yet when he finally laid eyes on her some three days ago, he knew he had to have her.

The worst thing was, the man knew well he could get away with it. There were almost 20,000 in this camp and it was dark inside her tent, save for the slight leaking of bright moonlight through the fabric of the walls and roof enclosing around her. Any features she'd be able to identify about him could be said for dozens, if not hundreds, across the camp.

She would be ruined forever, but he'd have his fix. That was all that mattered to him. The man was driven by his sexual desires, and when he hadn't the money or access to a whorehouse, he would take what he wanted from whoever he wanted it from.

He loomed over her now, debating on what to do first. Bind her? Cover her mouth to hold back her screams? Or just get right to it?

Maybe if she woke up to it, she'd be in such a daze from her sleep she'd actually be into it. Maybe she'd be into it none the less. He didn't think himself too ugly, his figure was lean and he was only 25 years of age.

He had been debating over his actions too long, lost in his own sick fantasies because she had stirred in her sleep - feeling the sensation of eyes on her.

Her eyelids fluttered open to reveal her grey orbs. Her eyes opened widely, an expression that made her look so innocent it almost drove him insane.

They widened even further as her eyes focused on the figure above her, opening her mouth and preparing to scream when he shot his hand out and covered her mouth tightly, catching her wails in his palm.