XIV. Brilliant Bonds and Bizarre Betrothals

Song: Heaven Knows by The Pretty Reckless (Another Arya and Fianna anthem)

Fianna

This time around, her hands and feet were bound by shackles as she was held once again in her cell. Routinely, a guard would come every 30 minutes or so and peer through the door, making sure she was still there.

Every time he would look in, Fianna would be standing there in the dead centre of the room and smiling smugly. Calling out, a sarcastic "hello!"

This went on for hours, and Fianna still stood there. Her legs were aching from standing so long but her determination far outweighed her pain. And her need to pee.

The Lannister forces were due to depart at one in the morning, so they would have to be quick about it. This was their only chance to escape, because if Fianna was to be separated from Arya - there was no guarantee she'd ever have another friend again.

Arya had been the one to deliver her food to her that day. She slyly slipped a note into Fianna's lumpy gruel that she brought down to her cell. The only thing it said was "midnight". Fianna ate the paper whole to avoid it being found, and because she had no intentions of eating the food.

She didn't know if that meant Arya was coming to get her or if that meant she had to leave at midnight, but she took no chances, the next time the guard would come around - she'd be ready.

So when the light shone down the hall again, signifying his impending arrival, Fianna was already waiting quietly in the shadows. She had her back pressed tightly to the stone wall next to the cell door, there was no way she would be seen.

He peered through again, almost lazily as he expected her to be where she had been for hours.

"What the-" he stammered in confusion, peering around the cell and pushing the lantern closer  to the bars. When he was sure the cell was empty, he reached for his keys and opened it up to make sure.

That was a mistake.

The second he entered two steps into the room, Fianna jumped from the shadows and wrapped her shackles around his neck.

"Hello!" She grumbled this time as she brought her wrists back towards her, effectively squeezing his throat and cutting off his air supply.

It was brutal, the way he clawed at his throat and flailed his limbs about desperately. Fianna's wrists burned with the pressure of the shackles against her skin and it would surely leave behind marks.

After a few painfully long minutes, he finally fell limp in Fianna's arms, and she flung him towards the ground. She picked up the dropped lantern, thanking the gods it wasn't broken and began to rifle through his pockets for the keys to her shackles with her free hand.

Her breathing hitched when she finally found them, setting down the lantern and opening the shackles restricting her feet first, before then moving onto her wrists.