XXVIII. I Stand Alone

Song: Anachronism by Crywolf

Fianna

The usual time came around, as did Roslyn. Fianna prayed to all the Old gods that she had pulled through, the shackles were beginning to rub harshly on her skin and even if she managed to escape, she wouldn't make it far with these restraints.

The door opened agonisingly slowly as Roslyn appeared behind it, her face solemn so as not to raise suspicions with the guard. She was carrying her usual tray of food and when the door closed behind her, closed, not locked, she kneeled down next to Fianna.

The second the door closed she broke into a wide, youthful looking grin. Immediately, she kicked off her shoe and dove her fingers inside of it, yanking out the key she was keeping hidden inside.

Fianna forced a smile in return, feeling a lot more hopeful than she had in a week now. Roslyn reached down and inserted the key into the lock on her wrists, swiftly opening it and then grabbing the shackle before it should fall to the ground with a bang. She then repeated this for the ones around her feet.

"Thank you," Fianna acted as if the weight of the world had been lifted by this action, but she wouldn't feel at ease until she was far from here. And not even then.

"You're welcome," Roslyn answered shyly, looking proud with herself as if she had done a great deed, rather than made a colossal error. Gently, she placed the key into Fianna's palm and smiled encouragingly. "You will put them back on when anyone should check on you? Won't you?"

"Of course I will," she lied through her teeth, she was never wearing those chains again. "I'm forever in your debt for this."

Keeping up with the rouse, she reached down and began to hungrily dig into her food, moaning as if it was the tastiest thing she had ever eaten. She stopped when she was halfway finished, which prompted Roslyn, who had been waiting patiently, to reach down to lift the tray.

"Wait," Fianna stopped her, "can I keep the rest for later? I'm full now but now that I can eat again, I will surely want the rest later tonight."

"Of course," Roslyn agreed politely, standing up and dusting off the front of her dress where she had been kneeling.

When she left and was out of sight, Fianna actually finished off the food. Not out of hunger, but out of necessity.

-

Ramsay

"W-" Robb Stark barely mumbled before Ramsay hushed him quickly, slipping back into a routine he had already done before, he rushed over to the table Robb laid on with a worried expression.

"Nobody knows you're in here," he whispered to him, his eyes wide and a finger over his lips. Robb blearily opened his eyes, squinting immediately. It took all but a minute before panic set in.