LII. Familiar Familials

Song: See You For What You Are by Ramin Djawadi

Fianna

"You stand in the presence of Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms-"

"Five," Robb cut off Missandei's declaration, startling her into silence and causing Fianna's mouth to lift in the slightest of smiles.

"My lord," the foreign girl began again, face twisted in confusion. "Daenerys Targaryen is the heir to the Seven Kingdoms."

"The North and the Riverlands will never again fall under Targaryen rule," he stepped forward until he was by Fianna's side, a furious glint in his eye. "And if that is why you have brought us here, to gloat your titles with false claims, we will be leaving promptly."

"I can assure you, it is not," Daenerys spoke finally, appearing somewhat amused by Robb's defiance. She was told Northerners were the hardest to control, and if it were, Robb Stark was the belligerent head of the family.

"Then why have you invited me?" Fianna demanded, her jaw stiff with how uncomfortable the situation truly was.

The blonde Queen pursed her lips, raising an eyebrow as she stepped down from the small stairs leading to her seat. Immediately, the guards around her tensed, uncomfortable with her proximity to the Stark Lord who so clearly distrusted her. But she waved a hand to qualm them.

"I've heard stories as far as the Land Overseas about you, Fianna Bua," she started, only stopping her stride when she was right in front of her, a mere foot away. "It intrigued me. The stories of a Mad Queen who was undefeated in battle. Never did I question how truly brilliant the mind of that Northern Lady must have been. So, with that, I should hazard a guess that you know exactly why I called upon you."

"Well," Fianna swallowed harshly, formulating a response in her mind that wouldn't give herself away. "I can't imagine a Queen with three dragons and several armies has any interest in what my mind has to offer."

"And what of a familial bond?" She outright asked, exposing the subject they had been dancing around tensely. Fianna couldn't bring herself to answer right away, simply staring in silence.

She had always longed in a family full of boys for a girl to bond with. But that was before she had married Robb, and had gained two sisters with that marriage.

"I wasn't sure at first, I only knew of my mother's love for your grandfather, but now that I see you..." Daenerys broke off, her emotional appearance conflicting Fianna. Surely, a future Usurper, and a Targaryen at that, wouldn't be so affected upon meeting a mere niece?