LXI. The Undefeated

SONG: Nightshade by The Lumineers

Robb

It happened rather suddenly. Within seconds of Jon disappearing through the passage that led to the Godswood, there was cries of relief from all the living soldiers. It wasn't immediately obvious what had happened, but a quick look around showed him that there were no wights left to fight. Blank spaces in the area they had previously been.

There was a collective surge of relief, as if a weight had been lifted off of Winterfell. Soldiers that had been fighting until their last breath slumped down with exhaustion, others passed out entirely from their wounds. It soon became rather obvious what had happened - either a mass amount of white walkers had been killed or the Night King himself. Either way, Robb allowed himself to breathe for what felt like the first time in hours.

If he wasn't mistaken, he could even see the smallest sliver of sunlight beginning to shine across the land. Dawn had arrived, at last.

Slumping against the wall, he closed his eyes for a brief moment with exhaustion, taking slow and even breaths as the adrenaline began to wear off and the aches and pains began to settle in.

"You heard of anyone important dying?" A man's voice was heard, Robb opening his eyes with interest. He saw two Northern soldiers, one tying a tourniquet tight around the others leg that was bleeding rather dangerously.

"Lady Mormont I heard, even heard she took a giant down with her but I can't tell if they're telling tales or not," the man caring to the wounded's leg replied. "The Dothraki are obliterated, I'd hope the dragon queen has the rest in storage somewhere because she's fucked if she hasn't."

"I-I heard the Bua one died atop the wall," he hissed in pain, eyeing his leg wearily.

At this, a shiver of fear ran rampant through his body, enough to nearly catapult him off the wall and storm towards the duo, eyes blazing.

"What Bua died atop the wall?" He demanded, his tone and appearance causing the two to jump in fright. Once they realised who was talking to them, they bowed their head in shame.

"I-I'm not sure, your grace!" He stammered, fearful of Robb's murderous expression. "I pray it wasn't our Queen, but I truly can't say!"

"Robb!" A voice shouted, its familiar tones prompting him to turn around abruptly. She was there. Of course she was there, nothing could ever taken down his wife.

"Fianna," he sighed in relief, making a beeline for her. His eyes scanned her appearance before they reached each other - she had been in the throes of war to be sure, with a deep bite wound on her chin that would no doubt scar. Robb didn't much care - seeing her after thinking she was hurt was still the most beautiful sight he could have asked for.

The second his arms wrapped around her, she slumped forward, the sudden weight of her armour causing him to drop to his knees, holding her tightly to him. Her sobs followed immediately afterward, worrying him greatly.