LXII. Queen of the Six Kingdoms

SONG: We Want War by These New Puritans

Jon

"Jon?" Robb called out to his passing by brother, or more factually correct - his cousin. The man stopped in his step as he was called, turning to Robb in response. "Can we talk?"

"I was just looking for you, actually," Jon admitted, looking around for the rest of his family, "you, Sansa and Arya. I need to speak with you all, privately."

"I know, Jon," Robb admitted cryptically, his tone capturing the Targaryen heir off guard, who looked at him quizzically. "I know."

Jon read the expression on his face uneasily, shoulders slumping in defeat. He had hoped to be the one to tell Robb first.

"The single time Fianna Bua hasn't been able to keep a secret," he chuckled drily, awkwardly avoiding Robb's eyes. Their relationship had been strained as of late, and Jon guessed that a revelation such as this would only sever their bond completely. The only thing keeping Robb and Jon communicating at all was Robb being under the belief that they were brothers.

To say that Jon was surprised when he felt a hand clamp down on his shoulder was an understatement, eyes snapping to it and then following up to meet its owner. Robb wasn't looking at him with contempt or disgust, if anything, his stance was nothing but comforting and supportive. The very last thing Jon could have expected.

"This doesn't change anything," Robb cleared his throat, giving Jon's shoulder a light squeeze, "we were raised as brothers, and that's how I still see you now."

Jon stiffened at the wave of emotion that had came over him, sniffing lightly and staring straight forward. Ever since Sam had told him the truth, he had felt the weight of the world's worries on his shoulders - how Daenerys would react, how disastrous it would be if word got out. And although he'd never admit it outright, he deeply feared that Robb and his other siblings would shun him for not being Ned Stark's son.

"I just don't know what to do," Jon sighed, shaking his head and wishing that Bran had never found out about his true lineage. Being a bastard never seemed like more of a gift until now. "Daenerys is broken by the news, even begged me not to tell any of you. She's terrified I'll threaten her claim to the throne."

"I wasn't actually going to mention her," Robb tried to hold back a smirk of amusement, "didn't want to make it awkward by saying 'I know you're fucking your aunt'."

"Sometimes you're a pain in the arse, you know that Robb?" Jon breathed a laugh, his first genuine smile he gave that week.