XXXI. Queen in the North

Song: Breaker of Chains by Ramin Djawadi (play from 2.20 onwards for that big moment at the end)

20 onwards for that big moment at the end)

Ramsay

It took a full week for Robb Stark to break. A week that consisted of basilik's blood, scheming and convincing. Eventually, his mental state was worn enough that the reality Ramsay was posing was starting to seem genuine.

Like clockwork, he approached Robb's cage again. Plastering the same pitiful and concerned expression on his face as he always did, he kneeled down to be at eye level with Robb.

"Have you accepted the truth yet, Ike?" Ramsay asked. The former King in the North took a whole minute of inner debate before meeting Ramsay's gaze head on. His eyes hardened and his expression stony.

"I didn't do it. If I did, I wasn't me at the time. I'm not going to admit to that when I was clearly not myself," Ramsay was shocked and frustrated at what he was hearing. "I am myself now. And I know the person that I am, that person wouldn't harm anyone I loved. You obviously need me for something, or else you wouldn't offer me the chance for escape. So do yourself a favour, and let me out."

He was standing by the end of his speech, his face menacingly close to the bars. Ramsay was somewhat impressed by his revere, even in his condition and deteriorating mentality, he still held strong to his belief that those he loved he'd never harm.

With that, Ramsay had no other option but to shrug. Robb would never admit to killing Fianna, he would have to take him as he is.

Brandishing his sword, he turned swiftly and buried it into the belly of the guard watching Robb's cell. The guard was one of Ramsay's own men, but he had to keep the charade up in front of Robb.

Robb's jaw dropped in shock as the guard fell dead to the floor, glancing over just as Ramsay dug his hands into his pockets and rifled around until he found the key to the cell.

As quick as he could, he turned the key in the lock and beckoned Robb to exit the small cell, which he did with no hesitation.

"We'll have to go before the other guard comes back," Ramsay whispered in a hushed tone, taking the cloak off of his back and handing it to Robb so he could somewhat mask his appearance.

With that done, Ramsay crept down the hallway with Robb behind him every step. The next phase of his plan had been accomplished. Even if Robb wouldn't admit to killing Fianna and his own mother, he did admit there was a chance that he did in another state of mind. That doubt was enough for Ramsay to grow from.

With the King in the North at his side, he would accomplish much. But the biggest problem he'd have to conquer would require Reek's assistance.

-

Fianna

Baelfort had never been so crowded.

It had taken a day for the ravens to reach each of their destinations, and a week after that for its recipients to arrive. The majority of houses turned up, but Fianna Stark didn't fail to notice that a small few didn't, the Karstarks, for example. She didn't doubt that Robb beheading Rickard was the cause of their absence.