2

It was a really windy day. The sun was out but it only made the air feel sticky. Hoseok felt like his fake skin was going to melt off, that's how bad it was.

Hoseok was walking on the sidewalks just minding his own business. He stumbled at times but just brushed it off like it was nothing. Hoseok entered a small coffee shop with an air conditioner so he could feel some cool air.

As Hoseok was entering the small shop, the small bell rang.

"Hello! We are glad that you decided to stop by our shop. Can we get you something?" A waitress asked Hoseok as she bowed. Hoseok didn't understand so he just stood there. He had a confused face. The waitress stood there, waiting for an answer. She grew impatient but she still kept her smile.

"A coffee, maybe?" She spoke up.

Hoseok nodded a little yes. He didn't quite know what a coffee was but the waitress was happy so he asked for one.

"We have Iced coffee, Latte, Caffè macchiato, Caffè Americano, Flat white, Ristretto, and Cappuccino. Which type of coffee would you like?" The waitress listed the types of coffee the shop had. She had this type of smile that kept Hoseok from telling her that he couldn't speak their language. So Hoseok said some random word, "황차?(hwangcha?)"

There was a slight silence for a moment while the waitress was thinking. Her eyes were moving around while her head was tilted, she was thinking. She had a hard time processing what Hoseok said. She excused herself for a moment before coming back to the table that Hoseok was in.

"Ahhh, you were talking about the yellow tea that we have haha," she laughed but continued, "the yellow tea is actually really rare and expensive! The process for making this tea is actually similar to that of green but there is an additional step. I'm really glad you decided to try it, not many want to even see it," she giggled at the end. She finally stood up and went to place in Hoseok's order.

Hoseok waited for a while now. He saw as other people entered the store. They would kindly give the waitress their orders. Hoseok didn't like the fact that he couldn't understand anything that anyone was saying. If he could, he would learn the language of the humans and so maybe he might be able to keep a conversation going.

"Okay, mister! Here's your tea," the waitress gave Hoseok his ordered tea. He smiled at the waitress and she smiled back. She was about to leave when Hoseok took hold of her wrist. She stopped and she looked at Hoseok in confusion. Hoseok didn't know the word you would use to know someone else's name so he acted it out.

Hoseok had a cheap name tag on his thin clothing so he used his long, robotic fingers to point at his name tag. After he did that, the waitress nodded as if she understood, Hoseok continued. Hoseok then pointed at her. Hoseok placed his finger on the waitress's chest. Where her name tag was supposed to be but it wasn't there.

"Ohhh, you want to know my name?" She asked. Hoseok didn't understand but he nodded a yes.

"Ahh, well, my name is Nova. Nice to meet you, Hoseok!" Nova held out her hand out for Hoseok to shake but he didn't understand that either. That made Nova have an awkward smile as she slowly put her hand back down.

"Seems like you don't know much English, huh?" Nova examined Hoseok for a bit.

"Okay, um, wait, don't move, stay," Nova said in easy words so Hoseok could understand. Hoseok understood a little. "You have to know some sort of language," Nova thought for a bit before leaving for a bit again. She soon came back with another human being.

"Hoseok, this is Kim Seokjin. Seokjin, this is Hoseok," Nova said. Nova brought in a tall male, taller than her. Seokjin sweetly smiled at Hoseok.

"Nice to meet you," Seokjin held his hand out for a handshake but Nova soon put his hand back down in a rush. "Don't do that, he doesn't understand," Nova whispered loudly at Seokjin while Seokjin was smiling nervously and rubbing the back of his neck.

"So I heard you don't speak English," Seokjin started but Nova interrupted him, "You think he understands you?"

Seokjin cleared his throat, "영어를 못하니?(You don't speak English?)"

"내 언어를 아십니까?(You know my language?)" Hoseok asked in surprise. Hoseok held into the covered hole on his chest in surprise.

Seokjin giggled at Hoseok and he nodded a yes. Seokjin smiled at him while Nova was confused out of her life.

"What did you both say?" Nova asked.

"He was just surprised that I could speak his native language," Seokjin cleared it up for Nova.

"Well, then maybe we can take him to Namjoon to learn English? I'm busy and so are you," Nova suggested.

Nova and Seokjin were both busy running the shop while Namjoon was free at the moment.

"Since you're in break, you can drive him to Namjoon's apartment. You already know where he lives," Nova smirked as she patted Seokjin's back.

"Okay-" Seokjin stopped and faced Hoseok, "Wou- I mean- 새로운 언어를 배우고 싶습니까?(Would you like to learn a new language?)."

"영어?(English?)."

"예(Yes)."

"예"

---

Yo I'm not fluent Korean. Don't judge me.