Chapter 4: Theodore

2nd Person Point of View:

 "Huh?...oh...hai." His voice was laced with a mixture of anxiety and shyness as his figure fidgeted slightly from his original sitting position. His figure was tall yet skinny, slight shaking to his hunched over person from uneasiness. A burst of nervousness pushed through his body as you stepped closer, soon perching next to the anxious boy.

The graceful features of your face only shone better in the dazzling sunlight. You only continued to grin from ear to ear while enjoying the peaceful silence and warm glow radiating from the sun. 

"What's your name?" You proceeded to fully sit down, crossing your bare legs under the black skirt you wore. A light breeze began to blow through your h/c hair, pulling the strands along gracefully in the wind. 

"O-oh... my name is Theodore." For the first time, a slight smile crept onto his lips as his light blue eyes gazed over your whole figure. You didn't seem to notice or be bothered by the gaze he gave you, as you were occupied with the beautiful view.

"That's a nice name, I'm Y/n, it's nice to meet you." The elegant grin stayed plastered to your face as you continued; "So, why are you up here? You don't seem to have lunch." The lack of lunch concerned you, which was easy to determine by the obvious care in your e/c orbs and gentle tone. 

Obviously, you didn't want the boy to combat the stress of school on an empty stomach, so you slid the bag off your back and plopped it next to you two. That's when you pulled out a cute little lunchbox with tiny kittens accompanying the pink design, this caused a blush to creep onto your cheeks out of embarrassment as you unzipped the top of the tiny compartment. The only people to witness the girly designs were your two closest friends, so a stranger witnessing the pattern filled you with awkwardness. Theodore's eyebrows raised with curiosity, showing his confusion through his emotionless facade.

"Here, have some." You compassionately held out half of a ham sandwich, hoping he doesn't choose to starve over your food. Hesitantly, you watched him reach out his hand, carefully grabbing one half of the yummy looking sandwich. He licked his lips hungrily before looking to you, checking if it's truly alright.

"I hope you like it." That was your way of assuring him that it's alright, along with a gently pat to the back and a bright smile. His brown strands drifted slightly as his pale hand lifted slowly to his mouth, taking one medium-sized bite before his face brightened significantly. A large smile spread on his lips, showing some of his true, friendly self. Both hands planted themselves on the sandwich, practically shoving every bit in his mouth happily, causing you to giggle.

"Hehe, you seem to think it's yummy, would you like to share the rest of my lunch?" Thoughtfully, you offered to share your food once more, wishing to make the quiet boy more joyful. Even if the change was only slight, a tiny string of light in the dark could make a huge difference. Theodore seemed to really contemplate it before bobbing his head with an awkward simper, once again, checking if it's alright. 

"A...are you sure? I don't want to bother you." You just waved it off before splitting a variety of snacks, including gummies, pretzels, figbar, and even your f/f. You two sat while exchanging random conversations about a diversity of topics, munching on lunch happily while taking in the view from the roof.

"Y/n?"  Numerous footsteps inched closer as a familiar voice called out, taking you by surprise. Quickly, you whipped you head back only to see none other than Kori and Kaira, standing with and irritated expression and aura surrounding them. Clearly, the two girls were annoyed, and the hatred seemed to be directed towards you, which was puzzling. 

"We've been searching for you, although we took a break, and you're here??" A hint of irk to her tone, representing that they were not only tired but frustrated as well, and the boy now felt terrible.