Chapter 15

"I don't understand Laiza." Your eyebrows furrowed at the blonde, confused at his current logic.

While walking home, Laiza decided to bring up his opinion on Sage's 'sour' attitude. Clearly bitter about the situation, a scowl covered his face as he began to speak out of turn. This had nothing to do with him. Not only that, but who was he to talk of someone's bad attitude when he couldn't help but scowl at everybody all night.

"I just think that Sage isn't that great of a person..." He shifted his purple-golden eyes around nervously, scooting closer to you while continuing to walk. This point caused you to purse your lips, quickening your pace anxiously, his words leaving an obvious affect on you.

"Laiza, don't say that, you barely talked to him. I know him, he's fine, alright?" It was clear that his viewpoint bothered you, or in the least, talking about it unnerved you. Laiza looked down at you sympathetically, realizing you might actually hold care for the male. Obviously, he didn't like that, however, his reputation in your mental state had already declined and he couldn't risk it lowering any further for the day, or year for that matter. 

"Yeah, sorry kitten, I'm just a bit bothered tonight. I just worry about you a lot and I tend to say stuff I don't mean when I'm upset, I apologize." He sheepishly admitted, his gaze landing everywhere besides you. Expecting harsh words or sickening silence, his fists clutched, this was what he deserved for straying from his original plan and letting jealousy infect his thinking.

"It's okay, I understand. Do you want to talk about it? I'm here for you, you know?" His eyes widened when he looked over, stunned at your kind attitude after his rant. Unknowingly, he hurt your feelings, yet you ask him if he's okay? You truly were an angel.

"No, thank you so much kitten, may I have a hug though?" A smile tugged at your lips as you stopped, holding your arms out as you enveloped him into a tight hug. Both of your bodies acted as heaters to combat the otherwise cold weather, his head buried itself into your h/c hair, tickling you slightly, and his hand rested gently upon your hip. The comfort of his touch and love calmed you slightly, resulting in a switch back to your usual serene attitude. For a few seconds, you forgot all about every trouble, focusing on being content and cozy in his arms. A familiar feeling began to take over, the familiar yet unknown feeling of happiness yet anxiousness rising in your stomach. The feeling you only get around them. The feelings you choose to ignore repeatedly.

Suddenly, lost in thought and serenity, Laiza planted a gentle kiss to your head, earning a pleased sigh from you.

"We should get home.." You began, biting your bottom lip. The thought of his earlier actions crossed your mind, no matter the warmth he brought to your heart, you couldn't risk similar situations. This wasn't like you, when have you ever been soft near a guy?

"Of course, as long as you take my jacket since your freezing, kitten." His words only hightened the emotions, a light blush spreading to your cheeks. Before you could protest, he had already draped his black and white jacket over your shoulders, the cloth substituting for his body heat. Unconsciously, you snuggled closer into his jacket, attempting to battle the cool temperature more.

The conflicting feelings battled out in your heart. Wanting more love, the empty spot left from your past abandonment, but also, not being ready and feeling guilty.  Just the feeling of not understanding your feelings. Ironic right? Just a few months ago, love was the last thing on your mind. Liking a guy was an irrelevant thought that had no part in your huge plans of the future, but here you were, standing next to one of the several boys who makes your heart flutter. 

Completely adrift from your contemplation, you failed to realize the movement of your own feet, soon ending up in front of your house. You had no idea where the time flew, nor how long it had been, but you were just happy to finally be home. To have some time to escape and think to yourself, sleep on it since that usually helps. Honestly, you had no idea if Laiza felt awkward or wanted to speak, but your glad he didn't. The silence was nice, just the warmth of his coat covering you to provide the illusion of protection was enough. Perfect in fact.

"Hey... I really hope I didn't upset you about the whole 'Sage' thing..." Laiza started, scratching his head nervously as he watched you walk closer you your door. While pulling out your keys to the door, you looked back and felt a smile stretch on your lips, the adorable shine in your e/c eyes back.

"It's fine, just... refrain from talking bad on people, okay?" Laiza nodded guiltily, knowing he failed for the night altogether. "Thank you for walking me home." You continued. He hummed in response while gazing into your eyes from a distance.

"No problem Y/n... I'm sorry about that again, I'll be sure to improve for you." The look in his golden eyes showed something you had never seen before-- genuine love and passion. He didn't call you 'kitten' and he didn't flirt. His usual side to impress you had turned, turned to a better and more authentic Laiza who only gazed upon you in love. He's always had love for you, passion to make you his, but like most things, there is never too much.

You found yourself nodding in response, peering at him before stepping into your house. Then you whispered a single and simple thing that he will never forget.

"Just be yourself Laiza, that's all I could ask for." You displayed a soft smile, shutting the door soon after. The sentence you left with him repeated continuously in his mind, forcing him to study the phrase. The happiest expression crept onto his face. The only thing he wanted, he was so close to earning. The object he had been reaching for, he's arms width in catching. Your love. 

And like hell would he give that chance up.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Hey everyone!! I'm really sorry that this chapter is so short, I've been so busy with exams coming up but I wanted to release something! This is a slightly fluff chapter? I don't know haha, but I hope you enjoyed it!! Have a good day/night! ❤❤