Chapter Six

*Tyler's POV*

I watched the door close behind him, finally letting out the huge breath I'd been holding. Wow, had that ever been an experience. I couldn't remember the last time I'd felt so nervous around someone. Then again, I also couldn't remember the last time I'd met someone so... different. It was in a good way though, or at least I think. He wasn't like everyone else that looked at me with that hint of admiration in their eye from the get-go, he made it very clear I was going to have to earn that privilege. And for some reason, that was one of the things I liked most about him. I was tired of people falling at my feet just because of my social status. After his initial doubts, he was giving me a clean slate. I could be whoever and whatever I wanted with him.

But who exactly was I going to be?

I frowned into the mirror, realizing just how pressing the matter was. He'd made it blatantly clear he didn't like my fake persona, but I couldn't compromise what I'd built for myself at this school over some guy. Worse yet, the longer I talked to him the more it dawned on me that I didn't just want to befriend this guy. In fact, it had taken nearly every bit of self-control I had not to grab those pretty little defined hips of his and back him into a bathroom stall, tearing that stupid shirt back off of him only to- I shook my head, eagerly splashing cold water on my face. Now was not the time. Now was really not the time.

I'd never had thoughts like this before. Well, obviously I'd had dirty thoughts before, I was an eighteen year old guy. Just... not like this. I was a professional at warding off these sort of thoughts, it was basically the only thing I did. I couldn't afford to be daydreaming about guys as I walked through the halls of a school where nothing was approved of less than homosexuality. What if I made a slip-up and blurted something? It was scary how just a few measly little words could ruin it all, everything. No, I couldn't let whatever I had for this 'Troye with an e' character get under my skin. There were things more important than a potential boyfriend, and my own safety was definitely on of them. Besides, did I not remember the flour incident? He already had someone to fill that slot for him. 

I cursed myself for the stupid shot of pain that sent my to my heart, grabbing my bag from the floor where I'd thrown it. I was doing it already, getting lost in thoughts of him again. I had to get out of here, especially before they drifted back in the direction of sexual. I mean, that was bound to happen again eventually, I'd be disappointed if it didn't, but now was not the time. I was hoping for a much more private place, where I didn't have to worry about people walking in on me any second. Well, unless it was him.

God damn, mama's thirsty.

I swung open the door with a determined expression. I will not think about him. I will not think about him. I will not think about him. I-

My repetitive thoughts were cut short when I seen what was actually happening right in front of me. My jaw clenched and my eyes went wide, rage rolling over me before I even fully took in the situation. What the hell did he think he was doing to Troye with an e? I lurched forward immediately, shoving him roughly. His grip on Troye loosened, along with his feet giving out underneath him. He stumbled backward, but I grabbed his shirt to keep him from falling completely on his ass. Whether he was an unbearable ass or not, he was still my friend. 

I looked over my shoulder then to check on Troye, my face falling when I seen he was practically jogging away from the scene. I guess I couldn't really blame him, I wouldn't want to stick around after someone had tried to beat me up. Yet I still felt a twinge of disappointment, like I'd been cheated of something. Okay, so I might have been expecting him to be a little bit more thankful for saving his ass. A simple thank-you would have sufficed.

"Tyler, what is going on? Who is that kid?" I locked eyes with Caspar, glaring at him. I couldn't very well fly into him right here though, so instead I pulled him backward into the washroom. As soon as the door shut I let go of him, returning to my post sitting on the sinks. 

"So? Is he reserved for you to bully only or something? Or are you 'friends'?" I sighed, balling my hands into fists. I couldn't exactly tell him the truth. Partly because I wasn't really sure what he was to me yet, but mostly because showing friendliness of any type to anyone not on our social pier was just not something Caspar approved of. If I told him I liked the kid he'd either try and pull him into our group or try even harder to scare him off, depending if he liked him or not. I was willing to bet that, considering he'd just had him held up by the scruff of his shirt, he did not like him. Either way, I didn't want any of those things for Troye. He didn't deserve to have to put up with these goons in our group and he surely didn't deserve anymore torment from Caspar. So that left me with one option.

"Yeah, that one's mine and mine only. He was starting some pretty racy rumors about me already, not even an hour into our first day. I'm going to make his last year a living hell." I said, flexing my muscles for dramatic effect. The very thought of hurting Troye made me physically ill, but Caspar didn't need to know that. This was just some easy lie to get him off my back. Besides, maybe it'd even make it easier to spend time with Troye. If he saw me wandering off with Troye in tow he'd automatically assume I was just going to get physical with him. In the beat-him-up way, not the... other... way.

"Why can't I help?" He whined suddenly, thankfully interrupting my thoughts. I rolled my eyes, patting his head in a sage-like manner. 

"Because, my young grasshopper, this is personal." He glared at me, obviously not amused by my answer in the slightest. Come to think of it, when was he ever amused? Ah, yes, when he was inflicting turmoil on innocent students. I was definitely not going to miss Caspar Lee when I graduated this year, that was for certain. At least he looked up to me a bit though, for whatever reason, so I didn't have to worry about him really bullying me. Just a lot of passive aggressive shoving and mumbled jealous remarks. I remember our first year here he'd flown into me once, asking why I got deemed the most popular when he was obviously cooler. He never mentioned it again, but it was thoroughly implied he wanted what I had. Truthfully, if I could just hand it over to him, I definitely would. I wanted to be popular enough not to be bullied, but I didn't care to be the most popular. I just wanted an easy ride through high school, that was it. Why had it resulted in possibly the most complicated situations imaginable? I was more or less living two seperate lives at this point, and I couldn't just quit one. 

"Fine, just make sure you give him hell on my behalf. He's annoying." I just nodded, though inside I was fuming. How on Earth was that shy adorable little thing annoying? Especially considering Caspar hadn't even conversed with him yet. He really wasn't in the position to judge, not that that mattered to him. Oh no, of course not. 

"Weren't you supposed to be going to the office?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him. He sighed, nodding slowly.

"Yeah, I guess I'd better..."

"I guess likely!" I said, subtly urging him to leave me alone. I had a lot on my mind right now, a lot I had to think about. I was tired of him distracting me. He wasn't even a good distraction. He sighed then, nodding forlornly before trudging out the door. The door clicked shut, but unlike expected I wasn't swamped with relief. I only felt worse. Now it only felt more real. I'd dragged Troye right into the middle of this without even realizing it. 

I took a deep breath, deciding I needed to go somewhere, anywhere, to take my mind off of things. And by 'things' I meant an intriguing chocolate-haired boy with sullen blue eyes. The truth was, I had absolutely no idea how I was going to sort any of this out. I'd never had something that didn't fit directly into either the 'school life' or the 'home life' categories. I was scared. If I was to be honest it had crossed my mind a couple times now just to give up on Troye and forget about him just to avoid the possibility of getting hurt. I couldn't do that though, sadly. He was just too interesting. I'd never forgive myself if I didn't take the time to know him. I wanted to know everything. Why was he so good-looking and sweet but unknown to the entire school? Why did his eyes look so sad even when he was smiling? Why did he seem on edge all of the time like every single person was out to get him?

I was determined to find out every single one of these things, no matter how long it took. 

A/n: A little mini chapter to sort-of give some insight into where Tyler stands with Troye. yeye okay, Comment and Vote bye