Chapter Thirty-One

*Troye's POV*

"Shut-up, do you want to hang-out or not?" Tyler muttered, his cheeks the brightest I'd ever seen them. I was loving it too, considering he was often the one to leave me blushing and speechless. I guess he was still overly sappy or something since I showed up at his game, considering he'd been blushing nearly the entire night.

"Of course, Tyler, do you even have to ask at this point?" I said smoothly, saturating in the over-the-top eyeroll I got in response. I could tell his confidence was coming back to him but I didn't care, giving him a small smile before walking over and knocking on the passenger's side window of my car. As expected my father rolled it down a second later, a knowing smile playing on his lips.

"Not going home just yet?" I made a face at his cocky tone, annoyed that he could read me so easily. It was never like this before. Up until recently there'd been no one in the world who could read my thoughts, yet I could read all of theirs.

"No, Tyler and I are gonna go hang-out for a bit. Can I trust you to get my car home safely?" I asked cautiously, quirking my eyebrows at him. He nodded, his eyes wide with excitement at driving my car like it was some sort of huge accomplishment. His car was just as expensive, if not more, but I wasn't about to question it. "Alright, I'll be home later."

"How much later?" He asked, a teasing tone seeping into his words. I resisted the urge to groan, knowing what direction this was going in.

"I don't know-"

"Tyler?" Before I could even protest I heard Tyler's feet scuffling behind me, his breath on my neck as he leaned over the window next to me. I shivered noticeably, the sensation driving me insane despite all my efforts to ignore how good it felt. "Have him home by midnight at the latest, maybe 1am if you have a good excuse-"

"Dad!" I snapped, deciding I'd better get out of here before he had the bright idea to list what exactly qualified as a 'good excuse'. He sighed heavily, obviously not agreeing with my decision. I didn't care though, grabbing Tyler's wrist and pulling his arm until he was left with no choice but to walk away with me. He wordlessly used his free hand to point in the direction of his car, which I appreciated as I steered us in that direction, not loosening my grip. We were halfway across the parking lot, his car just coming into view, when a familiar buzz invaded my senses and I found myself grinning like an idiot in anticipation.

Shit. I have absolutely no idea where I'm taking him. What even is there to do around here?

Before I could help it I found myself giggling, my hand sliding off his wrist to come up and cover my mouth as I tried to stop my laughter. He didn't even have anything planned, that doofus. He'd invited me to hang-out without thinking it through, which was both a mixture of painfully dumb and incredibly adorable. 

"Hey, what are you laughing at?" He chuckled, a wide smile spreading across his own face as he watched me struggle through my laughter fit. He kept the smile on as we continued to walk, his eyes remaining on my face instead of watching where he was going. It was very rude, not even giving me a minute to recover myself. How was I supposed to stop laughing when he was staring at me with that clueless content grin the entire time? "Troye? Are you going to be okay?"

"I-I'm fine." I choked out, breathing as evenly as I could manage as he eyed me suspiciously. We reached the car a few seconds later, me still spluttering under my breath. I wasn't going to help him either, I wanted to see exactly what he came with on how to spend the evening. He turned to face me, leaning back against the hood of his car as he kept his eyes locked with mine.

"So? Are you gonna tell me what you were laughing about now?" My face paled, realizing how stupid I was being. I was doing it again! Reacting outwardly to thoughts I'd read! I didn't even have a set excuse planned, what am I supposed to tell him- "Your laugh is adorable, you know."