Chapter Thirteen

*Troye's POV*

"Oh, trust me, I will." I tried to ignore the cocky tone he had on, instead searching for my keys in my pocket. I wasn't even sure where we were planning on going yet so it wasn't really necessary to find them right now, but it was more of a distraction than anything else. Even though he was easy to talk to, that didn't make talking any less awkward for me after so long being socially deprived. I fumbled with them for a minute, eventually managing to get them in the ignition. Except, now there was absolutely no distraction. I reluctantly looked over at him, nervous to see what he was doing. I groaned out loud seeing he was just on his phone. His eyes flickered up from the screen, silently questioning my annoyed noise. I looked pointedly at his phone and he nodded knowingly.

"Sorry, I'm kind of a chronic Tumblr addict." Outwardly, I rolled my eyes at him. Inwardly, I was smiling like an idiot. No one in our school was really internet savvy and I thought I was the only one who even knew what Tumblr was. Of course I wasn't going to ask to exchange Url's, mine was too dark and gloomy and I doubted he wanted me to know his seeing as he didn't offer. "Lady Gaga liked one of my posts once."

"You're kidding!" I wasn't necessarily a huge fan of Lady Gaga but that didn't make it any less significant. She was freaking famous and it was a big deal to get your posts liked by her. That, and how could I not be happy for him when his eyes were shining like that? I could already tell he didn't get to talk about Tumblr much, seeing as he was seemingly bursting at the seams at the chance to fangirl over it. 

"No! It was over the summer, I swear I nearly peed myself I was so excited." He squealed at the end, falling back against the seat dramatically. I couldn't help but smirk. He was just so... weird, for lack of better words. One second he was so tough and heartless and next he was the most sensitive girly man I'd ever encountered. I was beginning to think he had a very severe case of multiple personality disorder. 

"What was the post?" I asked, genuinely interested. He opened his mouth to respond quickly, though it was quickly snapped back shut and he blushed crimson.

"Some lame quote." He mumbled, his eyes darting to look out the window immediately, successfully ending the conversation. If I'd been interested before I was positively intrigued now. I wonder what his blog's about? He didn't seem like the type to get embarrassed easily, but that's definitely what it looked like now. I felt the relatively familiar pull, the battle with myself not to reach over and manually find out what the post was. Would it really be so bad? Yes, it would, but that also wasn't about to stop me. I was curious and I wanted answers. Now I just had to think of an excuse to touch him without it being creepy.

"This is nice." I mumbled awkwardly, reaching over to examine his 'watch'. He gave me a weird look as my fingertips brushed against his wrist, but I was too distracted to worry about it. 

Can you imagine if he found my blog and showed the school? God, I'd be ruined.

Wow, fucking lovely. That helped my curiosity so much. I noticed I still had a grip on his watch and immediately backed off, giving him a quick nod. There was silence again, but this time it was a lot more awkward. Well, that was my fault for reaching over to feel his arm up. I cleared my throat, giving a weak smile.

"So, where do you want to go?" I asked quietly, reaching over to turn the keys. I seemed to think for a moment, before reaching up to further his point and stroke his imaginary beard. Though I might have rolled my eyes at him earlier over something like this, now I was only thankful. It meant the awkward air had passed.

"I'm thinking... West." I raised a single eyebrow at this statement, but either he didn't understand or care because he just gave a rolling hand gesture, telling me to hurry up.